Australia
Charlie_Gonzo
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Right Application Errors - MYOB Won't Open

I can no longer open MYOB. Upon starting my PC, the error windows in the attached document pop up. They also pop up when trying to start MYOB. I am running Windows 10.

Have tried to uninstall MYOB and re-install, but this hasn't worked as the same error windows keep popping up. Luckily I can access our file from my laptop. (running Windows 7)

Have tried to Google the issue but havn't been able to find any solution. I need an urgent fix with this issue, as I require MYOB to be up and running on my main PC.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,827 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8827Posts

942Kudos

1235Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Account Right Application Errors - MYOB Won't Open

Hi @Charlie_Gonzo

Generally speaking that error means a handful of different things. Either the antivirus or security programs on the computer is misreading AccountRight as a virus or malware program, or there is damage to the Windows Registry itself which is causing the AccountRight program to be unable to properly launch

To check if it is any of the security programs, they will all need to be temporarily disabled to see if AccountRight boots up correctly. If it does then it means that its one of the security programs causing the issue. In contrast if it makes no difference then it indicates the issue likely lies with the Windows Registry. I recommend seeking assistance with your IT professional with this as the Windows Registry is effectively one of the brains of the computer and if its damaged it can cause other issues

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User Charlie_Gonzo
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Charlie_Gonzo
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Right Application Errors - MYOB Won't Open

Hi Neil,

You were on the money, my anti-virus program was stopping MYOB from opening. This has never happened before so I'm guessing the last anti-virus update has screwed things up.

Thanks for your help!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post