Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Right Application Errors - MYOB Won't Open

Hi
I'm overseas and having trouble with LIVECHAT, connection keeps saying it it LOST, it comes back, then goes and I never get a reply.
I cleaned my computer yesterday with a cleaning app, and I also cleared a lot of things from my iCloud, I now can't get MYOB to open my file, I press on the file, but Myob automatically closes, every time I try to load my file.
I was wondering if I could send my file to be checked? Is there a drop box or link that someone could send me that I can upload to?
I had sent my account a backup, last week, and it is sitting in a dropbox, I have down loaded it by it says the extension is incorrect.
This is quite urgent.
I would appreciate any assistance.
5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account Right Application Errors - MYOB Won't Open

Hi @Vanessa2 

If the message coming up is that the extension is incorrect, then the first thing to check would be that the extension on the file is indeed correct. For AccountRight v19 files this is .myo, while for AccountRight 201X this is .myox.

If the files extension was anything different then this will prevent the company file from opening. For example if the extension was .mye this extension is designed to open with the MYOB Accountants Office and Accountants Enterprise products and not AccountRight.

Additionally are you able to confirm the exact wording of the error message your receiving when trying to open the file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User Vanessa2
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

There are 2 things that happen, 1. I press on the file (which does have .myo at the end of it), but Myob automatically closes, every time I try to load my file.
I then tried a dropbox copy I sent to my accountant back on the 11th May and that says I have to upgrade (which is correct I upgraded to V18 since I sent it, V19 is not showing as an option to down load when I go onto mymyob.comScreen Shot 2019-05-28 at 7.48.58 pm.png, I click yes, it then shows an error message (see above). I have as instructed by MYOB support clicked back changed the length of the file name, and still no luck.
I have redownloaded V18 3 times no luck. I have been trying to fix this problem with MYOB but I'm overseas in Mexico, and it has cost a futune in phone cost with no luck, now I've sat on audio messager with my mother speaking to techinal support for for 5 hours yesterday (hold for 4 of those 5 hours) and still no luck. Any suggestions? As his only suggestion was, at 6am where I am (I've been up all night) and 8.30pm in sydney was he had to go as they are closed and call back in the morning, or try on here. I'm desperate! 
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry I should add, I'm a Mac user.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Vanessa2 

In some cases that error message can be caused by the number of characters in the file name or by the path of the file itself. To get around this its worth copying the file to the desktop, which gets around permissions issues and reduce the length of the file name to as few characters as possible

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil.

I managed to fix it, not sure how to tell you the truth, I trashed V18, downloaded a new V17.5, which for some reason I could load my company file in that, but not V18, I changed file names, move files, and finally it worked, but not sure what was the final fix?

Thanks for your reply!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post