Contributing User
Crestar
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Right Basic

I originally bought Account Right Basic 2014.2 and last upgraded to 2015.4, however, I made an error and reset my computer instead of restoring it (yes I know -silly of me) and lost all my MYOB applications. 

So, when trying to reload my disc etc and confirm the company file it wasn't working. After several calls to MYOB they couldn't help either as there are no upgrades available online for this now. As I wasn't using the online version they can't provide any further help either. As it is only a small business, I did not want to pay the monthly fees for online support. We have used MYOB for many years and previously, there was no need for this and it was satisfactory for my needs. 

Eventually, I thought to try downloading the current version and was able to do this and load all my data onto that and everything seemed ok. It has now locked me out saying I have tried several times to verify online and I can no longer access it. 

Is it possible to upgrade without it costing $50 per month? What do I need to do to access my information? 

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,795 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29795Posts

3649Kudos

4376Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Account Right Basic

Hi @Crestar

Looking at your account, I can see that your serial number is licenced to use AccountRight 2015.4. If you do use/upgrade a company file to any versions higher than what you are licenced for, such as AccountRight 2018.4.1, you will not be able to confirm the company file. To use and confirm that company file in the higher version of the product (AccountRight 2018.4.1), an AccountRight subscription would be required to be set up.

If you are not wishing to set up an AccountRight subscription i.e. stay on AccountRight 2015.4, you can download an installer via our Product Downloads page - select AccountRight Server Edition to see AR 2015.4.1. Once you have that version installed you would be free to open that AccountRight 2015.4.1 company file on the "new" computer.

Note: An upgraded company file i.e. AccountRight 2018.4.1, will not open in AccountRight 2015.4.1 you will be looking at using the pre-upgraded file.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User Crestar
9 Posts
Contributing User
Crestar
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the prompt reply- I was able to downlaod the 2015.4.1 version as per your instructions, but as it it on the same computer (not a new one) it is still saying that I am unable to verfiy the company file as several attempts have been made. 

I have tried restoring the data to 4/11/18 with my last back up and still the same message. 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,795 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29795Posts

3649Kudos

4376Solutions

Hi @Crestar

Do you want to give it a try now? I've made a slight change to your account, which should allow for that confirmation to be completed online. Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

9 Posts
Contributing User
Crestar
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much Steven- you have been so helpful and I now have access. I can't thank you enough!

9 Posts
Contributing User
Crestar
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven- you helped me in the past and all has been going well until now. I have tried to access my Company file and am getting this message again- Unable to verify the company file and Error wwhen I try to verify it. 

Can you assist again - is this because 3 months have passed since you helped activate it?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,795 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29795Posts

3649Kudos

4376Solutions

Hi @Crestar 

I've made a change to your account which should allow for that confirmation to work using the Confirm Online method.

Do note that confirmation checks the version of the program and the licenced serial number. So, if you are attempting to open the file in a later version the file would become locked and confirmation will not work on that file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

9 Posts
Contributing User
Crestar
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks once again- all up and running again and verified. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post