Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Account Right Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User jlhudson1986
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
jlhudson1986
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Right Error

I am using MYOB 2016.2 and have got the error:

Accountright has encountered an error and needs to exit.

NOt: you may need to re-enter changes you were working on. If you continue to experiance this error, contact MYOB Techn ical Support

I urgently need to sync my compnay file to the cloud so i can log in on another computer.

My computer recently updated and i have tried using the MYOB tool but its not workiong.

Capture.JPG
12 REPLIES 12
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,087 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31087Posts

3929Kudos

4526Solutions

Re: Account Right Error

Hi @jlhudson1986

I'm sorry to hear that you have received that particular message

Generally that message occurs if you are using an older version of AccountRight and opening a file saved locally. In most cases this particular message is generated by a Microsoft update being installed on the computer.  As you have indicated we do have a tool which can be downloaded and run over the company file which should allow for that file to be opened. The Hot fix tool and instructions can be found Unable to open AccountRight file.

You mentioned in your post that you have run the necessary tool over the company file and you are still receiving that message I would recommend making sure that you are selecting the most up to date copy of the file with the most to date version of the program i.e. AccountRight 2016.2.1

If you are still getting that message after running the file through the tool and you are on AccountRight 2016.1.1 or later we can indicate what potential update can be temporary uninstalled to allow for the company file to be opened and confirmed. For us to indicate we do need to know what version of Windows you are using?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,087 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31087Posts

3929Kudos

4526Solutions

Hi @jlhudson1986

Generally that message occurs if you are using an older version of AccountRight and opening a file saved locally. In most cases this particular message is generated by a Microsoft update being installed on the computer.  As you have indicated we do have a tool which can be downloaded and run over the company file which should allow for that file to be opened. The Hot fix tool and instructions can be found Unable to open AccountRight file.

You mentioned in your post that you have run the necessary tool over the company file and you are still receiving that message I would recommend making sure that you are selecting the most up to date copy of the file with the most to date version of the program i.e. AccountRight 2016.2.1

If you are still getting that message after running the file through the tool and you are on AccountRight 2016.1.1 or later we can indicate what potential update can be temporary uninstalled to allow for the company file to be opened and confirmed. For us to indicate we do need to know what version of Windows you are using?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,087 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31087Posts

3929Kudos

4526Solutions

Hi @jlhudson1986

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MichelleWR
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
MichelleWR
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I am experiencing this error message also, I have only recently downloaded AccountRight 2016.2.1 to work on a cloud file, so don't have any files saved to my hard drive as yet.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1. The first time I opened the program I got right through to log in and bring up my file, then it experienced the error and closed. Since then the program only gets as far as launching the Welcome Window before the error comes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks from Michelle

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Hi there @MichelleWR,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. We do hope you find it a valuable resource.

I have noted that your file was accessed this morning at 9:41 am - has the issue been resolved since your post? If not, could you please answer the following questions:

• You mentioned you get as far as launching the welcome window but then the error shows up. This suggests that the error actually occurs before you log in at any point (e.g. with your e-mail address), is this correct?
  • Are you able to access your sample Clearwater file? This can be done by clicking on the 'Explore a sample company' option on the welcome window.
  • Are you able to access your company file on any other machine or does it throw up the error regardless of where you try to access your datafile from?

Please do let us know how this goes, and feel free to post again anytime you require.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
MichelleWR
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
MichelleWR
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

Thank you and no I haven't had any luck as yet.

Yes, the error occurs before any login is accessible - I can't access anything in the program including "Explore a sample company".

The file is however able to be accessed at the main computer in the retail office.

I haven't tried uninstalling the program and redownloading it, but if you would like me to try that then please let me know.

From Michelle

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11386Posts

1302Kudos

1605Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi Michelle @MichelleWR

Thank you for the answers to the questions asked by @Tallie_M

Given everything that you have described, it almost sounds like a corrupted fonts issue. These are very rare, but when AccountRight loads, part of the process is the loading of a couple of fonts housed on your computer.

Our help article, Error: Arial or Tahoma font can’t be found, does detail these fonts and how to replace them on your computer. Are you able to follow the steps laid out in that help article to replace the fonts to help rule that out as a potential cause of why you can’t get AccountRight working.

Do let us know how you get on with running these fonts

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MichelleWR
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
MichelleWR
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you, that seems to be it! I followed your steps to reinstall the font, and have successfully used AccountRight a few times this weekend without any further issues.

So thank you so much for your help!

From Michelle

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11386Posts

1302Kudos

1605Solutions

Hi Michelle ( @MichelleWR )

Great to hear that reinstalling the font helped get your AccountRight up and running again.

Please do feel free to post any time you have any other questions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post