AccountRight 2017.2 Customised Forms

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

119Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2017.2 Customised Forms

Hey There

I'm totally mystified.  This morning I see that all my customised forms are showing up as generic MYOB forms and mine have vanished.  I found this out when I went to print a purchase order so I checked my others and they're all altered.  This means I will have to migrate 3 year old customised forms that I brought in when I upgraded to 2015.1.  Lucky I kept a copy.  Surely there is somewhere on my PC they're hiding.  Given that since 2015 they don't appear in the usual folder with the letters etc like they used to.  This is crazy!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Former Staff
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

309Kudos

699Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2017.2 Customised Forms

Hi @Trandy,

That does seem rather unusual. To assist you further, we'd like to ask you the following questions:

• If you go to Setup > Customise Forms, are you able to see your customised forms there?
  • You also mentioned that 'all your customised forms are showing up as generic MYOB forms' - do you mean that you're still able to see your customised forms under the name that you saved them, but when you open them up, your customisations are not there? Or do you mean that the forms themselves are missing and only the generic forms are available?
  • Is this happening to all of your forms - e.g. invoices and bills as well as orders? Or is it specific to orders?
Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

119Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

I think it's my computer that's the problem.  It's thrown a spaz and isn't talking to MYOB properly.  I'm having no trouble at all on the other user machines seeing the customised forms in the layout they're supposed to be in.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled client and server edition, restarted my compter, restarted our server to no avail.  Still it's the same; the other machines are fine and mine's spat the dummy.  Ironic given that I'm the main user of these forms.  So I've raised a job with our IT tech so he should be able to sort it I hope.

To answer your bullet points:

• yes I can see my customised forms but they're showing as MYOB generic forms instead
  • yes to the first part- can see them but when open customisations aren't there
  • yes all forms

Will post a commment when I get the fix as it might be useful to other usersSmiley Happy!

Uh oh!  MYOB AccountRight is now crashing on me repeatedly so I'm going to restart my computer.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,324 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,324Posts

1,473Kudos

1,739Solutions

Hi @Trandy

Glad to see we have narrowed this down a bit, and at you haven’t completely lost access to those customised forms.

If you are experiencing issues with your company file one thing that you could try is to clear the AccountRight cache files. These cache files are found here:

C: \ Users \ <Username> \ AppData \ Local \ MYOB \ AccountRight \ 201X.X \ Cache

Where <username> is the Windows username and 201X.X is the version of AccountRight that you are using. Within this location you will find a file for each company file that you have opened. These files can be safely deleted as long as you have AccountRight closed.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

119Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Hey There

No I don't believe it's my company file because the problem exists on both of my company files.   I will clear the cache as suggested though as it might just do the trick.

When you say I need to have A/R closed do you mean just me? 

Highlighted
Former Staff
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

309Kudos

699Solutions

Hi @Trandy,

It would be referring to the AccountRight software on that machine specifically. Caches are specific to each machine.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

119Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Thought so but didn't want to rock the boat.  Alright I'm trying this now and will let you know.  

No, that didn't make any difference.  I'll let my tech have a wee look as he's been in touch.

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
119 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

119Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Guess what?  I’ve fixed it.  I had somehow accidentally removed the decimal point from the numbers window in Region and Language Options when I was checking something else.  I’ve never done that before so it was very strange.  I would’ve picked it up Friday but I didn’t enter my timesheet as I would normally as I was flat out trying to solve the problem etc…..”Now isn’t that ironic?” Good song that.  So just now when I’ve gone to print out my timesheet whilst processing Payroll I wondered why I had no decimal points and it all fell into place after that.  Restarted my computer and everything is fine and dandy now. 

Well, I won’t forget that in a hurry. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post