New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9107Posts

966Kudos

1271Solutions

AccountRight 2018.2 Decommissioning

Hello Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4.1, customers using 2018.2 must update their software by January 14th 2019 to continue accessing their online company file. 

To give you the best possible performance from AccountRight, we only keep the most recent versions in the cloud. This does mean that as new releases become available, you may need to update your software to keep working smoothly.

To assist with this, we have prepared this guide to help you upgrade to AccountRight 2018.4.1.

Not sure what version of AccountRight you’re using? It’s easy to check. Just open AccountRight and go to the Help menu > About MYOB AccountRight:

2018.2.PNG

If you’re using the version above, you’ll need to update before January 14, 2019 to continue using your file

What do I need to do before I update?

Before you update to the latest version, you need to make sure your file is checked in. To check your file in, please go to File >> Check In from within your checked-out file.

How do I update to the latest version?

If you have a current subscription and you’re not on the latest version, you’ll be prompted to update when you open AccountRight. You just need to click Update to download and install the update.

However, if you don’t see an update prompt when you open AccountRight, you can download it from my.MYOB:

• Download the latest version from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). Our help article Downloading from my.MYOB has a really great guide on how to do this.
  • Install the downloaded update. If you aren’t sure how to do this, then please have a look at our help article  

After installing the update, open your company file in the new version and then click the Yes, upgrade to 2018.4.1 button

FAQs

Why am I receiving an AccountRight needs updating error?

It means that the version of AccountRight you are using has been decommissioned and you will need to upgrade to AccountRight 2018.4.1 to continue using your file.

If you have previously installed AccountRight 2018.4.1, then there will be a new icon on your desktop for this version. Please make sure that you are clicking on the AccountRight 2018.4.1 icon and not a previously installed version.

Who can upgrade my online file?

Online Administrators and Online Owners are the only ones who have the authority to upgrade an online file.

I was trying to upgrade my file and received an error about needing an AccountRight Live Administrator

This means the email address you have signed in with is not recognised as either an online owner or administrator and won’t be able to upgrade the file. In this instance you will need to speak to the person who invited you to the online file and get them to upgrade the file for you.

What if I need more help?

Check out our help article, Installation troubleshooting, if you encounter any issues when trying to install the update, or alternatively feel free to post your questions below so we can assist

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
7 REPLIES
CHE13
3 Posts
Cover User
CHE13
Cover User

3Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2018.2 Decommissioning

I have tried installing the new version from Firefox, then read to do it with Chrome, so I downloaded Chrome. It still won't update ... I have now tried 4 times.  I've closed down all the MYOB software, and tried again, but nothing.  I think I'll leave it alone and hope it updates itself!

Contributing User gu3sswh0
19 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
gu3sswh0
Contributing User

19Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

@CHE13- What's happening? Can you give us details?

For example, if you go to: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads and download 2018.4.1 here, and then try to install it. Why isn't it updating?

If we know what's happening, we could tell you what to do otherwise we can't say anything on the matter.

CHE13
3 Posts
Cover User
CHE13
Cover User

3Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

The clue that gave it away was to check the taskbar.  Myob icon was there, but the wrong version, so I used the search function of the taskbar, typed in MYOB, and that's where I found the right version.  Changed my desk and taskbar icons, then I was good to go.  But it would not do that on it's own or swap over from the current version.  An update was done a month or so ago and it updated correctly without my input, however this time, it would not. Everytime I started Myob, it came up with the old version, so .... searching for it brought up the correct one for me to choose what I wanted.

Trusted User Elizabeth_Adamson
218 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson
Trusted User

218Posts

111Kudos

8Solutions

Given that there is already a new bug identified with payments in 2018.4 and I won't even start on the bugs in 2018.3, wouldn't it be wise to hold off on decommissioning 2018.2 until you are sure the new version is a bit more usable/bug free/robust?

Cheers

Liz

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
26,705 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

26705Posts

3102Kudos

3917Solutions

Hi @Elizabeth_Adamson

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the decommissioning of AccountRight 2018.2.

As you have indicated we do have a potential issue that can arise in certain company files with the AccountRight 2018.4 version that can result in the Receive Payments window being blank for certain customers - see my post here for more information. We are currently working on a long-term wider fix for that particular issue, which we do aim to have in place ahead of the decommissioning date. In the meantime, clients that are affected are welcome to provide the necessary information outlined in that post and we would be happy to arrange for the necessary scripts to be run.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
ARC2018
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
ARC2018
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have tried about 4 times to download the required update and have basically given up. Now I have received an email to advise to do it by 14 Jan or not to be able to actually do business on my own data?? The link provided in the email also does not work. This has been the case with previous updates. After contact with MYOB support(took ages to get a response) the link sent also did not work. This issue has been consistent since switching to the cloud version. This is now being reviewed as all it allows is for MYOB to lock users out of their own business data.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,107 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9107Posts

966Kudos

1271Solutions

Hi @ARC2018

Are you able to clarify what happens when you try and download the update? Are you receiving an error and if so what is the exact wording of the error message?

When a decommissioning takes place it is only the oldest of the cloud server versions that gets decommissioned. So although the 2018.2 server is being decommissioned, both the AccountRight 2018.3 and 2018.4 servers will remain active after the 2018.2 server is decommissioned.

As an alternative way to access the update, you can access the download link through our Australian Product downloads page. The links on this page will allow to download just the installer for AccountRight 2018.4, and then after it has been downloaded it can be run on that computer to be able to upgrade your file

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post