Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4831Posts

749Kudos

691Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2018.2 Decommissioning

Hi @Killermama777

If you're getting a "Modify Setup" or "Uninstall" option when trying to download the 2018.4 installer, this would mean that the installer has detected the software is already installed.

To confirm this, if you open your Start Menu and type "2018.4". Do you see the software?

temp.png

If this does show, that would explain the message when you try and run the installer and why you aren't getting a prompt as it detects you have already installed the update.

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Killermama777
3 Posts
Cover User
Killermama777
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes lol! Thanks. I just keep getting a warning to upgrade and assumed that meant I hadn't.

johnFool
1 Post
User
johnFool

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I missed the date you set for update which was 14/Jan.

What can I do to save my Myob right plus?

Thanks.

John

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,621 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9621Posts

1040Kudos

1350Solutions

Hi @johnFool

If the company file was stored online, then to be able to continue accessing it you will need to install a newer version of AccountRight, such as 2018.4, and then open the company file in that version to upgrade it. Note that only online owners and administrators are able to upgrade a file, and if you receive a message saying you need administrator access you will need to speak to the person who invited you to the company file and ask them to upgrade the file for you.

In contrast if you are taking the file offline, then when you log into the online library and can see the company file, you can right click on the company file and choose the option to view a read only copy. This option will only be available if the online company file has been synchronized with that computer. This option will open a read only file which you can backup and restore locally into your My Library

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner Clive
3,324 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Clive
Ultimate Partner

3324Posts

42Kudos

515Solutions

If you are running the offline/desktop version and use STP you will find that you can no longer connect to the ATO to lodge your reports until you upgrade.  PITA

MYOB Certified Consultant & Accredited Trainer; Ostendo Consulting Partner
Cert IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping); Cert IV Training & Assessment; BAS Agent 92620 006
Providing on-site MYOB support in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
Remote support available for MYOB throughout Australia
Mobile: 0418.657.833 AH (02) 4754.4151
email: clive@crwservices.com.au website: www.crwservices.com.au
BobS
2 Posts
Cover User
Hong Kong
BobS
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I totally agree and had the same problem.  Not very well communicated.  And my MYOB to lock you out of your own company file I think is scandalous.. This also happened when two factor was introduced.  Went to do several invoices on a Sunday and could not get into my company file.  Locked out and of course, no one to help out on a Sunday night.  When I rang about the update there was a message to look for the right icon.  Why couldn't this message have been emailed to customers?  Would have saved hundreds of phone calls.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post