11,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,807Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

AccountRight 2018.3 & 2018.4 Scheduled Decommissioning

Hello Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2019.2.1, customers using either AccountRight 2018.3 or 2018.4 must update their software by August 8th 2019 to continue accessing their online company file. 

To give you the best possible performance from AccountRight, we only keep the most recent versions in the cloud. This does mean that as new releases become available, you may need to update your software to keep working smoothly.

To assist with this, we have prepared this guide to help you upgrade to AccountRight 2019.2.1.

Not sure what version of AccountRight you’re using? It’s easy to check. Just open AccountRight and go to the Help menu > About MYOB AccountRight:

2018.3.png2018.4.png

If you’re using either of the versions above, you’ll need to update before August 8, 2019 to continue using your file

What do I need to do before I update?

Before you update to the latest version, you need to make sure your file is checked in. To check your file in, please go to File >> Check In from within your checked-out file.

How do I update to the latest version?

If you have a current subscription and you’re not on the latest version, you’ll be prompted to update when you open AccountRight. You just need to click Update to download and install the update.

However, if you don’t see an update prompt when you open AccountRight, you can download it from my.MYOB:

• Download the latest version from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). Our help article Downloading from my.MYOB has a really great guide on how to do this.
  • Install the downloaded update. If you aren’t sure how to do this, then please have a look at our help article  

After installing the update, open your company file in the new version and then click the Yes, upgrade to 2019.2 button

FAQs

Why am I receiving an AccountRight needs updating error?

It means that the version of AccountRight you are using has been decommissioned and you will need to upgrade to AccountRight 2019.2.1 to continue using your file.

If you have previously installed AccountRight 2019.2.1, then there will be a new icon on your desktop for this version. Please make sure that you are clicking on the AccountRight 2019.2 icon and not a previously installed version.

Who can upgrade my online file?

Online Administrators and Online Owners are the only ones who have the authority to upgrade an online file.

I was trying to upgrade my file and received an error about needing an AccountRight Live Administrator

This means the email address you have signed in with is not recognised as either an online owner or administrator and won’t be able to upgrade the file. In this instance you will need to speak to the person who invited you to the online file and get them to upgrade the file for you.

What if I need more help?

Check out our help article, Installation troubleshooting, if you encounter any issues when trying to install the update, or alternatively feel free to post your questions below so we can assist

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

4 REPLIES 4
Contributing User Jenny2
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2018.3 & 2018.4 Scheduled Decommissioning

I am trying to download this version, currently on 2018.4 - and while it is preparing to InstallShield Wizard, a prompt comes up 'To install Accountright 2019.2SE you should have Administrative Privelages', and then when I click OK the screen goes completely blank and nothing happens.

I have phoned 3 x times your support and each time after waiting 15 minutes on hld - that gets cut off too!

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,807Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

Hi @Jenny2 

Generally speaking a message like that is referring to Windows permissions required to install the program. To install we do recommend signing into Windows as a Windows administrator as well as right clicking on the installer and choosing the option to Run as Administrator. These will install AccountRight with full Windows administrator permissions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User Rrojas
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Good morning,

We have found this "decommissioning"/upgrading completely out of touch. We get that an upgrade is required, but decommissioning the current version? Locking the company files?  It is completely outrageous... If some of us  haven't been able to upgrade to the next version, it is not because we don't want to, it is because we have found serious roadblocks from our IT infrastructure and resource capabilities.  Giving us a hellish deadline is not solving anything, it is actually hindering our customer experience, and blocking our ability to continue working with what we have is not by any rate good cusotmer oriented practice.  Here we are today, we seriously would not recommend MYOB to anyone at all, we can't open and work with our company file, trying to find a workaround to at least be able to work offline.  The show has to go on, the software is here to serve the business, not the business to serve the software.

Pathetic, disgraceful. We are not happy with the direction MYOB has taken "going to the cloud".

Regards.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,807Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

HI @Rrojas 

Thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry you feel that way.

When a decommissioning occurs it is never the current version of AccountRight. As of the time of posting the current version of AccountRight is 2019.2.1. The versions that get decommissioned are always at least two versions old. The two current online servers that are active are AccountRight 2019.2.1 and 2019.1.

We do try and give users as much notice as possible that both upgrades are available and decommissionings have been scheduled. When a decommissioning is announced, we do post an announcement on the Community Forum as soon as possible prior to the decommissioning to allow our users time to upgrade.

As a possible workaround if you weren’t able to upgrade to the latest version would be to sign into the online library and right click the company file. If this file has been synched with the computer you will have the option to view a read only copy of the company file. This can then be backed up and restored locally to allow you to continue using the existing version without the need to upgrade

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post