AccountRight 2018.4.1 Update is not installing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User malanda
4 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
malanda
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2018.4.1 Update is not installing

I am using  AccountRight Plus AU 2018.3.0 Build 2018.3.21.2418 on a standalone computer.  It was purchased from MYOB on 12 October 2018 and installed shortly thereafter.

Recently upon opening the program and selecting the company file the user was invited to do an update - the following text appears:  “2018.4.1 Now Available” with a button “Click Update Now”.

Upon clicking the update button the new version seemed to install however the old version is still there, with the update text and button. The computer has been rebooted several times to no avail - no AR2018.4.1 version.

If upon reopening AccountRight and  again selecting the "Update Now" button you get into a loop. Viz.

myob - backup.JPG

The following “Backup Screen” appears

myob - backup  now.JPG

- if you click YES > the company file is backed up, then the open company file screen is presented

- if you click NO > then the open company  file screen presented (see below)

Capture.JPG

..... and you are back to where you started, using AR2018.3.0.

I note that initially, after trying to do the Update, a folder MYOB\AccountRight\2018.4 and with subfolders for Letters and Reports were created by the install program.

My query is to MYOB Technology Pty Ltd  – what is happening and how is this issue to be resolved pls. 

Thankyou.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

1000Kudos

877Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AccountRight 2018.4.1 Update is not installing

Hi @malanda

Typically when going through the in-product updater it will install this to your computer and you'll have a new icon on the desktop to use. If you're running off a pinned Taskbar or Start Menu shortcut, this won't update for you as each update installs as separate software to the computer.

As you mentioned you can see other 2018.4 subfolders, I'm curious if this is already installed.

If you click onto your Start Menu and search for 2018.4, do you then see this already installed?

temp.png

If so, you may want to pin this to your Taskbar or Start Menu instead.

If you don't see anything, I would be downloading the installer directly from: www.myob.com/downloads and running it manually.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced User malanda
4 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
malanda
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2018.4.1 Update is not installing

Thankyou for your prompt response.  Can now open file in updated version.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post