11,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,807Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

AccountRight 2019.1 Scheduled Decommissioning

Hello Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2019.3, customers using AccountRight 2019.1 must update their software by November 7th 2019 to continue accessing their online company file. 

To give you the best possible performance from AccountRight, we only keep the most recent versions in the cloud. This does mean that as new releases become available, you may need to update your software to keep working smoothly.

To assist with this, we have prepared this guide to help you upgrade to AccountRight 2019.3.

Not sure what version of AccountRight you’re using? It’s easy to check. Just open AccountRight and go to the Help menu > About MYOB AccountRight:

2019.1.png

If you’re using the version above, you’ll need to update before November 7, 2019 to continue using your file

What do I need to do before I update?

Before you update to the latest version, you need to make sure your file is checked in. To check your file in, please go to File >> Check In from within your checked-out file.

How do I update to the latest version?

If you have a current subscription and you’re not on the latest version, you’ll be prompted to update when you open AccountRight. You just need to click Update to download and install the update.

However, if you don’t see an update prompt when you open AccountRight, you can download it from my.MYOB:

• Download the latest version from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). Our help article Downloading from my.MYOB has a really great guide on how to do this.
  • Install the downloaded update. If you aren’t sure how to do this, then please have a look at our help article  

After installing the update, open your company file in the new version and then click the Yes, upgrade to 2019.3 button

FAQs

Why am I receiving an AccountRight needs updating error?

It means that the version of AccountRight you are using has been decommissioned and you will need to upgrade to AccountRight 2019.3 to continue using your file.

If you have previously installed AccountRight 2019.3, then there will be a new icon on your desktop for this version. Please make sure that you are clicking on the AccountRight 2019.3 icon and not a previously installed version.

Who can upgrade my online file?

Online Administrators and Online Owners are the only ones who have the authority to upgrade an online file.

I was trying to upgrade my file and received an error about needing an AccountRight Live Administrator

This means the email address you have signed in with is not recognised as either an online owner or administrator and won’t be able to upgrade the file. In this instance you will need to speak to the person who invited you to the online file and get them to upgrade the file for you.

What if I need more help?

Check out our help article, Installation troubleshooting, if you encounter any issues when trying to install the update, or alternatively feel free to post your questions below so we can assist

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

16 REPLIES 16
Experienced Cover User Karen_E-cat
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.1 Scheduled Decommissioning

How did we not recieve email corrospondence about this? 

We are still on 2019.1 and I can't log in today even though it is still 6/11/2019. 

HELP! Please!

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

OMG! I was in the middle of importing a batch of supplier invoices and I think the product we were using was decommissioned - literally in the middle of the import. I got an error message (thank goodness for the awesome TransPost product that gave me the warning) that one of our suppliers couldn't be found. There was nothing wrong with the supplier but I think 2019.1 had been decommissioned in the middle of the day while I was doing the import. I really don't know what is wrong with MYOB. Why couldn't an email be sent to advise of this?

Experienced Partner Freman
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

22Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

or here's an idea they clearly didn't think of...

a forced automatic update immediately before decommissioning to ensure continuity of access.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,953Posts

4,407Kudos

4,781Solutions

Hi @Karen_E-cat 

Sorry to hear that you have encountered that situation. Decommissioning of older versions in the cloud does happen regularly as new versions are released, this is one the primary reasons why we do recommend that clients upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible and do have in-product messaging around new updates.

In terms of the decommissioning, generally speaking, we stop new connections to the version that is being decommissioned the day before, with existing connections remaining active until the actual decommissioning date when that version is fully decommissioned. Having said that, we do recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of the program if you continue to use your company file. Our Help Article: Getting the latest version will be able to assist with that process. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Cover User someone
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Karen_E-cat 

this is one the primary reasons why we do recommend that clients upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible and do have in-product messaging around new updates.

Maybe if MYOB perform thorough testing before each and every upgrade, your customers might be inclined to take the newer version.

However, based on the comments and poor experiences of your customer base after each and every upgrade, why should they go through this pain.

Remember, we are paying customers and not your BETA testers.

I also don't appreciate my posts being removed without notification or cause.

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

This is the main reason I hadn't upgraded yet - last time we did it we had MAJOR problems and lost a whole day - for 5 staff members - I couldn't risk that again especially as this week is our END OF MONTH. Well now I've been forced to upgrade in a hurry without me being able to do due diligence on the new version prior because it's PROMPT payment day and we have to get payments processed. Now I have to cross my fingers and hope there aren't any issue with this new version. 

20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

@Freman 

@Freman wrote:

or here's an idea they clearly didn't think of...

a forced automatic update immediately before decommissioning to ensure continuity of access.

Certainly would have been better than what we got which was nothing. It's also payroll day but luckily I don't use MYOB for payroll so they could keep processing - I couldn't imagine having to tell 93 staff they aren't getting paid because MYOB made us upgrade at the last minute and we ran out of time to complete the pays. 

The other thing I don't understand is that the notification says that it will be decommissioned on 7 November and yet our access has been cancelled today.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,953Posts

4,407Kudos

4,781Solutions

Hi @Karen_E-cat 

If you decide you haven't done your due diligence with investigating the latest version (AccountRight 2019.3), you are welcome to upgrade to the previous current version of the software AccountRight 2019.2.1 which was released back in July. You would just need to obtain an installer for that version which is available through your my.MYOB account. Note: While AccountRight 2019.2.1 doesn't have a decommissioning date as yet, it would be the next version to be decommissioned.

However, in saying that, we do recommend upgrading to that latest version of the software (version 2019.3), which was released in mid-September to take advantages of the benefits of that version - multi-currency changes, bank feed rule enhancements, In Tray improvements and more.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

ready-go
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

our issue is we cannot upgrade. Since 2019.2 was released, we tried upgrade for many times and none was successful. no luck with 2019.3 either. We don't know what was wrong. We followed every step of ungrade process, the company file showes status as 'upgrading' for a long time and then the status disappeared - it was not upgraded. Today, or I should say yesterday I spent 2 hours on the phone with a support team member to try to uprade again and again, tried on different computers but still not succeesful. I don't know what we are going to do tommorrow. completely stop working?

I'd rather to see an error message. At least I know what the problem is. However our upgrade is just like an abortion without any sign.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post