Partner
Australia

154Posts

61Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2019.2.1 is a dud...

Hi There MYOB

I don't have AccountRight 2019.2 SE in my Programs list now as I Uninstalled it from advice given in Help Notes, but the software is still loading up after I have turned off then turned on my computer. What's your workaround for this?

(AccountRight Server 2019.2 is still showing in my Services, see screenshot)

So here's the background...

First up, I came across an error when I attempted to back up my datafile after having finalised my STP for 2019 (high 5 for me), the error said: "ApplicationServices.Container.API.IAccountContainerService.GetCompositeObjectById"

Yep! I know what this means, NOT!

I scoured MYOB Help Notes and came across one which was titled, "AccountRight Server Service Issues", I followed the relevant flowchat which directed me to the numbers which represent the issue I have, as follows: 1, 5, 6.

This allowed me to complete the backup of my datafile.

Then, I tried to upgrade to 2019.2.1 from inside my own file, but then I noticed that in quite small writing, it said that for SE edition I needed to click in that location and download it from elesewhere, it re-directed me to a Help Note title "Updating an AccountRight Network" this is the link for the update... <<Link removed>>

I tried Opening the file, error! I tried saving the file, but how does it connect to the MYOB Software?

I then had a look at the pinned note just above the "to update AccountRight on a Network" instruction and tried clicking on the link to update the server edition, it downloaded to my computer but when I try to install it, I get an error;

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

{CF8798BB-4ACE-4BF0-9EA6-171C00C4382}"

Why is MYOB so unnecesarily complex at a User level?

I am running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 with a 64Bit Operating System that has 8GB RAM

Naomi

UPDATE: 9:03AM 02/07/19

Jut tried this...

https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Where-are-the-new-tax-tables/td-p/588856

I received an error message when I attempted to install a new download of the Server Edition, C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\MYOB_AccountRight_Server.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Any takers yet?

UPDATE: 9:05AM 02/07/19

The file icon changed to an Install icon, tried clicking on it again. I'm back to square one with the "Another version of this product is already installed blah blah blah..." The same error code as previously mentioned at this stage above and once again I re-iterate, I Uninstalled 2019.2 yesterday, but now I've also deleted the local 2019.2 file from localappdata, as advised on another Help Note...

Really like some assistance to get this resolved, I presently have NO ACCESS to my own datafile and CANNOT PROCESS PAYS DUE YESTERDAY!!!

UPDATE: 10:01pm 02/07/19

No replies, workarounds or advice when this was posted 24 hours ago. 5 hours researching last night, another two this morning then 3 hours off and on with Support today. I called for another issue, but lo and behold that other issue merged into this one. Has anyone else updated an AccountRight Plus 2019.2.0 from within their MYOB Software and had SE version installed? Oh, it gets better, not only is it 2019.2.1, the tax compliance update, but when you've rolled over your Payroll Year and attempt to update the tax tables, the option is for tax year starting 01/07/2018, WAHOO!!! RIPPER RITA!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!! Just what I needed.... Needless to say that I had MYOB on the other end of the phone when this occured (no Murphys Law, thank goodness!), so "Old Mate" Teamviewered in to do all the troubleshooting I had already done and ends the conversation with, "Tech will get back to you". don't get me wrong, the guy was lovely and tried his best, but far out!!! Why does MYOB keep trying to re-invent the wheel??? They need to hire some guys from "Old Blue" to give them a hand. I've been loyal to MYOB for near 20 years, it's just not right, you can't blame your workload or the new obligations or this or that, you've been around for over 25 years, way longer than some of your competition. Another good one I've heard is, "But they don't have the depth of our product.." (Yes, well they don't have the problems either...). I can't take the annual stress anymore, not when there are other options that don't include the time spent updating every computer, bug fixes and can then have your EOPY done in three clicks (once setup)... I mean seriously, I start having anxiety attacks in the middle of May. Near tossed my PC out the window a few times and can't count the number of tears shed out of frustration and anger and the heartfelt agony for want of being loyal...

PS. My staff were paid, but I still can't process it in MYOB...

This is Naomi...

Woman Sad

18 REPLIES 18
Experienced Cover User MMSretail
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

138Kudos

1Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.2.1 is a dud...

Hi Naomi,

If your a Myob partner what chance do the rest of us long term Myob users have. I've tried 3 times now to complete the compliance update, still with no luck (some very good suggestions from a number of helpful Forum types). All looks good runs all the through tells me i'm All Done!! When I sign into the AR cloud and check the version number and the tax tables absolutely nothing has changed. I've just had a novel idea,  an option to auto upgrade - I believe in the real professional software services world they have been doing this for years. Hey, here's another howler, we're paying top dollar for this.

Like you I have invested over 20 years of loyalty. Its so sad to see a onetime market leading product come to this juncture.  Myob's credibility and subscriber loyalty has been stretched to a point now where some subscribers are looking at what forms of redress are available to them. So, so sad!

Geoff

Partner Naomi_Roskell
154 Posts
Partner
Australia

154Posts

61Kudos

3Solutions

Re: 2019.2.1 Upgrade

Hi @madman 

Glad it worked for you and that you received multiple responses within 12 hours, I'm still waiting... 24 hours later I ended up creating a post dedicated to my problem rather than loading other posts with them in the hope that a number of people would see them and come up with ideas or tips that I haven't yet tried... I'm a done duck, 12 of the last 24 hours have been spent researching.... I'm going to bed...

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/AccountRight-2019-2-1-is-a-dud/m-p/591458#...

Naomi...

Partner Naomi_Roskell
154 Posts
Partner
Australia

154Posts

61Kudos

3Solutions

MYOB Partner, well I dunno for how long...

Preaching to the choir my friend, preaching to the choir...

I have well over 50 clients and it's only the MYOB ones that I have anxiety attacks over...

The number of them is decreasing every year, but the anxiety hasn't...

Naomi

186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

138Kudos

1Solutions

Incense, some candles and a strong drink is my professional advice. We live in interesting times.

Just managed to complete the compliance upgrade - off to take my own advice !!!~

Geoff

Partner Naomi_Roskell
154 Posts
Partner
Australia

154Posts

61Kudos

3Solutions

Yep! Everyone is getting their SXXT sorted and here I am still in a pickle...

Figures...

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,457 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,457Posts

2,257Kudos

538Solutions

@Naomi_Roskell 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with what should be a simple operation.

What version are you upgrading from?

From what you have said sounds like a 2018 or 2019 file.

If that is the case I would suggest the following.

Uninstall all versions of MYOB software from your computer.

Shut down then reopen your computer.

From either your my.myob download centre or the MYOB Software Download centre, download the full installer for 2019.2.1 SE.

Run the installer if you have trouble try right clicking and run as administrator.

Once installed all you have to do is double click on the new icon and when the Welcome window opens your old file will show in the right hand side. Choose you file and click open.

If you upgraded from 2019.1 your file will now open.

If not you will get a window saying that it is not a current file do you want to upgrade, say yes.

The Welcome window now change to the Online Company file browser window and to the right of your file you should see the word upgrading.

When it has finished upgrading the word upgrading will disappear and you should now be able to open your file by clicking on it.

One thing to note is that you MUST be the administrator or owner of the file to upgrade the file.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,907 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,907Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Naomi_Roskell 

Great to see that @GDay53  has offered his assistance in regards to your enquiry

I've seen some clients encounter similar situations when they attempt to reinstall within the same Windows session as Windows is still believing that the software is still installed. Restarting the computer would be the recommendation to resolve that one.

If you are still encountering that situation, the following Microsoft tool has had worked to clear that program and correct possible corrupt registry keys so that the new version can installed.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

138Kudos

1Solutions

Graeme,

Clearest & most precise instruction I've read - they should be paying you to right their user guides & help.

Geoff

186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

138Kudos

1Solutions

Good morning, hope you got some sleep! Forgot to mention last night that I took a call from Emma Koehn  (emma.koehn@theage.com.au) at the The Age (Business Section), yesterday she is interested to get some user views of Myob AR platform and how EOFY has been supported. Email her if you want, she is looking for a cross section of user views. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post