AccountRight 2019.2.1 is a dud...

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner
157 Posts
Partner
Australia

157Posts

65Kudos

4Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.2.1 is a dud...

Hi @GDay53 

Oh my lordy me....

I've seen you post this reply, with a few customisations, quite a few times in the past day or so. I'm not criticising as I do the same. But I have to ask, did you read my post/help request?

Firstly, I'm a Bookkeeper with many Clients and they aren't all on subscription, for a multitude of reasons. I require multiple versions of MYOB available for the multitude of clients and then to be easily able to onboard then upgrade (where possible) any new clients regardless of the version they are presently running. Which I suspect you would need to do the same...

Secondly, I've completed all the tasks you mentioned already, as I had already noted in my original post (which is why I asked if you actually read it...) So no kudos from me, the original poster, but thank you for trying, unless.......

Do you have anything else to offer? Anything I haven't already mentioned that I have tried?

PS. I also have an MYOB Tech who has emailed me with the same fix as you offered when he had already been made aware that I had already tried it, twice!

Naomi

Highlighted
Partner
157 Posts
Partner
Australia

157Posts

65Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @MMSretail 

That sounds very interesting. May just have to note down that email address...

Naomi

Highlighted
Partner
157 Posts
Partner
Australia

157Posts

65Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

As mentioned in the first two lines of my original post, I have re-started the PC, I've now done it a number of times.

However, I have not tried that Microsoft tool before, so let's see what happens... 

Naomi

Highlighted
Partner
157 Posts
Partner
Australia

157Posts

65Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Well I'll be God Damned!!!!!

THE FXXXING MICROSOFT TOOL WORKED!!!!!

THREE DAYS!!!! THREE DAYS AND ABOUT 24 HOURS OF RESEARCHING....

BLOODY RIDICULOUS!!!! SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY...

THIS SOFTWARE IS WAY TOO UNECESSARILY HEAVY FOR WHAT IT'S NEEDED FOR...

NOW THAT'S FIXED I'M OUTTA HERE! HAD ENOUGH OF ALL THIS PATCHING AND GLITCHING GARBAGE!!!

GOOD NIGHT!!!

Naomi

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
196 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

196Posts

139Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Naomi,

So glad you finally got it sorted - sholdn't be soooo hard.

Hope you're giving yourself a bit of a late start this morning after last night(?). If you're like me the working day spins through your even after you've gone to bed.

If it is of any help what's so ever I run avast clean-up regularly on my desktop & laptop not only does it do the obvious but it also finds & repairs stuff like broken registries. It provides a list of what it has found and you nominate what you want cleaned & fixed. I rarely get 'bumped' out of Myob nor have any 'computer' issues with updates. Just search avast on your browser.

On another front I have decided I have put too much time (20 yrs), effort and money into myob to simply walk away & go to another product. I'm thinking about forming an informal "user group" to provide users a place to share there experiences and tips in an independent space. I know your looking at moving to xero, even so it will take a while, email me at geoffr@mms.com.au if you are interested in the user group idea.

Cheers  .........   geoff

Highlighted
Partner
157 Posts
Partner
Australia

157Posts

65Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @MMSretail 

Thank you for your reply, yes it was the third day in a row up until after 1:30am trying to sort it out. But I didn't stay up any longer as I knew there was nothing more I could do...

I set my alarm for 9am after finally nodding off just after 2.

I have Avast Business CloudCare Anti-Virus, it too does the regular checks and scans.

No, it should not be soooo hard, especially when the alternatives are such breezy work...

You see, every year (I've been using MYOB for 20 odd myself) since MYOB had the conniption back in 2010 and put their "unready" product in the cloud (what I see as their reflex action to combat "Old Blue"), each time they put out their upgrades, I get nervous, it's like russian roullette. I mean seriously? Don't they test their product in the real world??? You never know what's gonna go wrong. What's suddenly gonna stop working... Take the most recent one for instance, they focus on STP compliance and the customised forms fall-over.. I mean, what the hell do the two have to do with each other? Are they rebuilding the whole god **bleep** software with every upgrade? Is that the reason why issues not related to the "Upgrade" pop up? For a product that has been around for over 25 years, that's just not good enough, no excuse is ok. They should be the world leaders in research and new technology, instead they've been on the backfoot for the most part of 9 years. And I love how they henpeck market-share results that are favourable to report, what they are saying is in what they aren't saying...

My work is mobile, so I find myself in front of many different computers, computer systems, versions of software etc, every week. I've learnt to adapt to a trouble-shooting world. But when I can run my STP Finalisation  on any PC, with only a Browser (no additional software required to be installed or upgraded) and within 3 clicks and simply click a check box which says "Yes, I do want to include YTD amounts for STP", who am I to argue! I started using "Old Blue" about 5 years ago, with just the one new Client who wanted it from the start, I was reluctant and was being pushed towards that space for about 8 years, but bucked the pressure believing that it was gonna fall over, that there were gonna be bugs, there was gonna be a mis-match of compatibility, that it's not possible that the product could be any good because it hadn't been around as long as MYOB. That MYOB were professional, and "Old Blue" were cowboys... But considering I can import historical bank transactions going back years, change to a different datafile within two to three clicks without having to log back in AND from within the browser, experience no lag or need to log in to almost every screen, free, quick  and easy data conversion, the time-savers mount up. I have found myself wondering now for about 18 months, why is MYOB so heavy? Why do people say, "I'll be sorry" for using a software that does everything I need it to and then some? I've come through the fog and looking forward to clear skies...

But don't get me wrong, the reason I didn't shift before was because I didn't have time to dedicate to it, how terrified I was of not being able to take backups, and not having access to my data if the Internet goes down. But in reality, if the Internet goes down, I wouldn't have access to MYOB either and there's usually bigger things going on in the world if I don't have Internet...

Yes, sign me up for the "User Group", I'm always one to help others, and it will be good for me to be reminded of the pain I no longer feel for myself. Though, to be realistic, I'll still be here, I'm not one of those Bookkeepers that tell all their Clients that they move to "Old Blue" or find another Bookkeeper...

My email address is: naomi@mbss.net.au, for my 20 years of working with MYOB, I don't feel I walk away with anything other relief from pain and anxiety, and that's coming from a trouble-shooter (well I've had to be, you only survive in a MYOB world if you are). And as far as this reply is concerned, I've already had my posts moved around and deleted. MYOB just doesn't seem to be able to cope with peoples truthful experiences being out there. It's a shame, they should be working on the negative feedback to turn it into a positive, I've tried and tried and tried to work with the Techs at MYOB, but they always blame everything else except their own product. Just the other day, in 2019.2, which I had only upgraded from 2018.4 three weeks earlier, I was onsite with a Client and attempted to do a Bank Rec, however, the "Reconcile" and "Close" buttons down the bottom right hand side of the Bank Feeds screen were not visible, the screen was over-sized. That's funny, it wasn't like that a week ago, no one else uses that machine and I had no problem reconciling the week before. Of course I was directed to the machines display settings, but I said "No!" It's not the display settings, so I was directed to the compliance update, well didn't that fall over... I was able to complete the compliance update after a few glitches but the tax tables would not update, so I'm still here, and looking for a solution to that but I'm not here on behalf of my own datafile and I'm glad for that...

Enjoy your day...

Naomi Roskell-West

Mobile Bookkeeping & Secretarial Services

Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley and Central Coast

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I had trouble with MYOB compliance update installing, restarting my computer fixed my problem.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Naomi,

I am experiencing the same issues you have posted last month, and totally understand the stress you have experienced.  I hope I can benefit from your trial and tribulation.

Did you find your solution in the end?

Was it following Graeme Day's post?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Highlighted
Former Staff
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

152Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @gigiplus 

I am not sure if a solution had been accepted at the time of your posting, but I'll link you to what worked for Naomi's situation here.  The post links to a Microsoft repair tool troubleshooter.

If you come across a post that has been solved in the future, you can see an indicator similar to this image below.  Clicking the green text will direct you to the exact post that was marked as a solution to find the answer easier.

Go to Solution.png

Hope that helps.

If you are having issues and the advice on this thread does not solve your issue, I invite you to create a new post on the boards so that the community can easier address and assist with what is happening for your particular experiences.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post