AccountRight 2020.2 Feature Upgrade problem

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2020.2 Feature Upgrade problem

I have just signed up a few days ago to MYOB Accountright on line from Accountright V19.  I had done my research based on the only available info at the time on 2020.1 but when Myob converted my file a few days ago they converted it to 2020.2.

It hasn't been a good experience, conflicting advice, problems paying & setting it up and MYOB emailing me the wrong software version to download etc!

One of the must haves was the ability to 'check out' and work off line because our internet is so bad in the office. Another reason to start paying the subscription was to eliminate the potential problem of staff using the incorrect (older) file on the PC when the file was uploaded/downloaded & transferred between computer locations on a usb/wetransfer.

My reason for purchasing the subscription... The check out feature was exactly what was needed as more than one user will work on the file in different locations. In version 2020.1 the other users were advised if one user had checked it out, thereby having a read only version available on line until the first user checked the file back in.

So, after upgrading & purchasing a subscription a few days ago I went to test the feature, I followed the 'how to'  pages but the option wasn't in the file menu?!.  After more 'help' searching I now find that this feature isn't available in 2020.2

So I'm assuming it's back to using backups if a user needs to work offline - downloading, uploading still with the danger of using an incorrect file! Also manually having to let the other users know not to use or amend the file in the cloud until the offline user reloads it back online (this would have to happen at least 5 times per week).

Is my assumption correct? Because if I'm correct I've wasted my weekend and a years subscription!

Or is there a better solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,652 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,652Posts

4,979Kudos

5,362Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2020.2 Feature Upgrade problem

Hi @kimbloid 

Due to Microsoft no longer supported Microsoft SQL Server CE 3.5, which certain features of AccountRight Live was based on, namely check in and check out, these functions are no longer available in AccountRight 2020.2, which uses an updated SQL Server version.

Should a company file be used online and you are needing to move the file locally you would be looking at taking a backup of the file (File>>Backup). Once completed, go to File>>Restore and select to restore that file locally into a library on your computer. If the file is required to be moved back online it would be the same process backup the offline file and restore online with AccountRight Live.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,148 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,148Posts

2,253Kudos

435Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

What is the new SQL Server version AR2020.2 uses?

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,652 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,652Posts

4,979Kudos

5,362Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

AccountRight 2020.2 will use Microsoft SQL Server 4.0.

From a general users' point of view, there should be no real change to what the client experiences. The only thing we are predicting is a minor delay in upgrading older files to 2020.2.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,148 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,148Posts

2,253Kudos

435Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Microsoft SQL Server 4 can't be right can it? that was released back in 1992. Sure its not Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (or the current Microsoft SQL Server 2019)?

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,652 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,652Posts

4,979Kudos

5,362Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (2020.1 and below versions will use 3.5).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post