Partner Zone

AccountRight 2020.2 upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kgordon
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

14Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2020.2 upgrade

Hi - I can't upgrade from 2019.4 to 2020.2, although I have downloaded and installed 2020.2. When I try to open the new version, it says before I can open my file, I need to check it in via the version that it was last checked out on. When I try to check in via 2019.4, it tells me I can't check in because I need to first upgrade to 2020.2. (I have already called MYOB support line and they did not know what to do.)

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AccountRight 2020.2 upgrade

Hi @kgordon 

If the issue is still unresolved, can you please download v2020.1 first and try upgrading the file in that, as it should let you upgrade the file. If not, you would have to undo the checkout in 2019.4 by following the steps given below:

1. Start AccountRight and click Open in the Welcome window. The Library Browser appears.
  2. Click Online. The Sign in to MYOB window appears.
    sign in to MYOB window with email and password fields

3. Sign in as an online administrator.
  4. In the list of online company files, find the company file whose check out you want to undo.
  5. Right-click the company name and select Undo Check Out (Discard Changes). A message appears asking to confirm that you want to discard your offline changes.
  6. Click Yes. When the offline changes have been discarded, a message appears explaining that you can now sign on to the online company file to continue working.

Please note that when you undo the checkout, the changes made in the checked out mode might be lost and if you don't have a backup, you might have to re-enter the data. That being said when you undo a check out, sometimes a copy of the offline file will be saved for you in the following folder: C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline\Discarded Files. To reopen this file, you need to copy it into your AccountRight library and check if it has all the saved date from the checked out mode.

Please let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kgordon
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia