AccountRight 2021.1 Update

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nansco_08
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

6Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight 2021.1 Update

Hi,

I currently use AccountRight 2020.3 offline. When opening the application, it has asked me to upgrade to the new version 2021.1. From what I've read, Accountright 2021.1 won't be compatible with users using Windows 7. Does this mean I have to upgrade to Windows 10? 

Will upgrading also have additional charges? Currently I'm on subscription but using offline on server.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2021.1 Update

Hi @Nansco_08 

AccountRight 2021.1 is not tested and supported on Windows 7. If you are using that Operating System we do recommend upgrading to Windows 8.1 or 10 as soon as possible. 

From an MYOB point of view, there are no additional charges for using the AccountRight product range on Windows 10. The current AccountRight subscription you are currently paying for covers the software on Windows 8.1 or 10. It should also be noted, that AccountRight 2021.1 is available for all users at no additional charge.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Nansco_08
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

6Kudos

5Solutions

Hi Steven,

Would upgrading affect my back up? Would I still be able to open back ups currently in 2020.3 format if I upgrade to 2021.1?

Regards

Wayne

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Nansco_08 

The ability to take a backup of the company file in AccountRight is still available in AccountRight 2021.1 running on Windows 8.1 or 10.

You also brought up whether you would be able to restore an older version's backup file in the latest version, this is certainly possible. It would be the same process as you have been using in AccountRight 2020.3, selecting File>>Restore, selecting the desired backup file, and what you wish to restore that file as. Once that file has been restored, upon first opening, you would be prompted to upgrade that file. As it's from an older version, just select on upgrade file to 2021.1 and you would be free to use that file in that new version.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post