AccountRight 2022

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HD
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2022

Now that we have been forced to automatic updates why are we continuously having the same issues updating the file:  'You're using AccountRight 2022.10, but the server you're connecting to doesn't have this version installed.  You need to install AccountRight 2022.11 on this computer.'  

Our server does have this version, it cost us $300 to have our IT people sort this same problem last time which according to this site was a known myob bug!!!!  One of our computers has updated but the others get this error message.  Fed up with this digital rubbish.

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2022

Hi @HD 

All the findings so far suggest this is an environment related problem, most likely that the 2022.11 auto-update was not installed properly on the server due to the server set up/environmental interference. Many forum users have shared that uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight v2022.11 server edition on the server computer has resolved the problem for them.

Some users had to adjust their firewall settings in order for AccountRight Server Edition to be reinstalled correctly. Making sure previous versions have been completely uninstalled from the server is something else I'd check. If you continue to have problems we would recommend speaking to an IT professional.

Alternatively, putting your file online will prevent any network issues and allow you to lodge STP Phase 2.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shane435435
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey_H.

It is disappointing to see how MYOB has handled this support question.

I think you will find that most problems installing and running software is "environment" related, however support personnel have an obligation diagnose these issues and support paying clients as much as possible and if unable to fix the issue, give an explanation as to why it’s happening. 

Your software runs checks to make sure there is enough RAM and disk space to install, right? These are also examples of "environmental" issues.

In this particular case, I’m guessing that the person having the issue is running the server version on the workstations as opposed to running the server version on the server and the PC version on the workstations. If this is correct, then there is a bug in your software that misreports the version number in MYOB Accountright version 2022.11. 
If you were to install the PC version on the client workstations instead of the server version, you will find that the message no longer appears.

MYOB seems to have chosen to employ support staff with little to zero IT knowledge and it shows. Many issues I have encountered for my clients can be traced to problems like this, only to be provided with little to no help by MYOB support staff.

Lastly, MYOB's decision to require a company file to be on the cloud to use STP2 is really disappointing and hurts businesses that have integrated systems that can’t easily migrate to the cloud. The fact you are arbitrarily cutting off support to paying clients like this is quite frankly disgusting and should serve as a cautionary example of future treatment to paying clients when MYOB no longer wants to support its own products.

Shane.

HD
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Shane, 

Thank you, Thank you! Finally someone who makes sense.  I totally agree, as a small business owner who has been a MYOB customer for at least 30 years, we pay a high premium for the use of the software as we get very little assistance or useful support.  I rely on engaging IT services to sort things out because I just don't have the time to go around in circles with myob support staff.

You are spot on with regard to the technical issue, a while back the only way AccountRight SE would work properly and as advised by MYOB we installed the server edition on all the PCs and haven't changed it back.  For some reason the IT people we use didn't think it should make any difference but obviously it does.

I am also very disappointed and quite stressed with MYOB's decision to force people to the cloud for STP2.  With the file on our server I feel comfortable that we have control of our own file and 30 years of company information/data, however, my understanding of how we now provide third parties with access (this is very necessary for accountant, accountants staff & bookkeepers, contractors etc) is very concerning.  I believe we provide an email invite link for which third parties can then access our file anywhere, anytime and it's up to us to produce & look at access reports which I just don't have the time to do continuously.  It would be useful if MYOB provided some sort of alert when third parties are accessing our information.  With all the massive corporate data breaches happening lately I'm very worried and I can only imagine if something did happen that MYOB would take no responsibility what so ever for our loss.

If there is a more secure way, I'd really like to know about it.

Thank you, HD

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @HD 

Storing the file online certainly increases the security and data access risks. While MYOB won't tell you when a 3rd party is accessing your online file (you need to examine Session Security Report), they will email the owner when someone changes a suppliers bank account. Why, if their systems are so secure? Because it seems moneys have been lost after bank details were changed. How? they won't disclose.

FYI you can comply with STP Phase 2 without the need to put your file online. Look into STP Creator specifically designed for offline MYOB files. A little extra work and cost (around $222 pa for up to 20 employees), small price to pay for peace of mind (IMO).

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post