Cover User
Australia
HBR
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight V19.15 on Windows 2019

We have been using AccountRight V19.15 on Windows 2012r2 with Remote Desktop Services Sesssion Host installed for a few years now. We were initially trying to upgarde to AccountRight 2018.4.1 but of course that wont run with a database bigger than 500mb (ours is 900mb) without serious slowness and crashing issues and after a quick search of the forum and the serous issues people have been seeing, we quickly decided to go back to V19.15.

As we are doing a system wide refresh to Server 2019 we have now tried to do this with our new server running MYOB AccountRight Premier V19.15. The application installs as expected however when trying to access the company file we get an "Initialisation Error" (see attached).

This was a clean install of Server 2016 + the install of dot Net 3.5 without anything else other than disabling UAC (including disabling of running admins in admin approval mode) with the same result.

I spent 5 hours on the phone with support reviewing procmon and trying to work out what this software is trying to do that is causing it to fail but have had no luck other than seeing the 2019 box was not hitting as many registry keys as 2012r2. Support keeps falling back on "server operating systems are not officially supported" when Windows Server 2019 is based on the Windows 10 version 1809 codebase, its very furstrating to be told that business software is not designed to run within a business other than on a workstation operating system.

Has anyone gotten V19.15 working on 2019 or even 2016 (still Win 10 codebase with the same version) or have any idea on what else i can try ?

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 9.18.06 PM.png
10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,354 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11354Posts

1292Kudos

1594Solutions

Re: AccountRight V19.15 on Windows 2019

HI @HBR

In terms of supported operating systems, AccountRight Premier v19.15 is only tested for compatibility on Windows 7, 8 and 10. Its also not designed for use or supported on a terminal server environment. If you were using a terminal server environment then we recommend using AccountRight Enterprise v19 or AccountRight 201X, which are designed for a terminal server environment.

As its not a supported operating system we cannot guarantee that it will work as intended, and we are not able to provide additional support for that installation.

Generally speaking an initialization error means that something has not started in the background stopping the program from launching the file correctly. Looking at the notes on your account it appears that our team have run through all of the common known causes of that issue. If you were still receiving this error after running through all of those things it would suggest an environmental error and due to the complexity of terminal server setups I’m not able to suggest what other possible causes might be behind this issue.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

HBR
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
HBR
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

As i noted above very clearly, this is a clean install, so the terminal server roles are not installed. This is a clean install of windows 2019, which is the same base code as windows 10.

Can you speak more specificlly around what has not started int he background or how to see what is causing this ? I have run a procmon which shows everything the binaries from MYOB have tried to access on the system, including files, regsitry keys or anything else, and i cant see it failing to access anything, i can see it successully accessing everything includng reading large portions of our data file before it crashes.

Im more than happy to provide further debugging information if you can provide me with what you want to know, im also more than happy to run a screen share and let someone who knows the product in detail show me what is causing it to fail on the system, just saying its "something" really doesnt help us

Regards,

Daniel

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,354 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11354Posts

1292Kudos

1594Solutions

Hi @HBR

As mentioned previously AccountRight Premier v19.15 is not supported on either Server 2019 or on a terminal server environment. This means I am not able to provide any technical support related to this product on this operating system. Although Server 2019 may have a similar base code, that doesn’t mean it is exactly the same and as AccountRight Premier v19.15 is not certified as compatible with this operating system no guarantees can be made that it will operate.

As the cause of this appears to be an environmental issue potentially spanning from the unsupported operating system, and due to the complexities of the terminal server system I am not able to provide specifics of what could be the cause, beyond the known causes that you have already discussed with our phone support team.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

QSSAccounts
1 Post
User
Australia
QSSAccounts

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I came across this issue as well.

Try this - install the latest Java runtime (www.java.com)

Then update the registry to point to the latest Java runtime. Mine was at :

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MYOB Technology\AU\MSC\3.0

Update the JavaHome entry to point to your latest Java. Eg. Mine was :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_201

I could then start MYOB without the Initialisation Error.

Kios
4 Posts
User
Kios
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Any luck on this one as I'm running in exactly the same issue and even trying to open the MYOB sample file Clearwtr.MYO

Running clean server 2019, no other softwareinscatalled apart from dot net 3.5 which was a prerequisite when installing MYOB.

Trying the install wit AccountRight Enterprise v.19.5 

Kios
4 Posts
User
Kios
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi HBR,

Any possible solution for this one as I'm running into eactly the same issue with Server 2019 and  AccountsRight Enterprise both V19.5 and also V19.15

Server is clean installation with no other software at all, no Antivirus just the dot net framework 3.5 which is a prerequisite on installing MYOB.

Any suggestions welcome, dead end here.

Kios
4 Posts
User
Kios
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi QSS,

I tried your solution, didn't work out for me. Any other stuff that you might have done? Or if you have any suggestions please go ahead.

Thanks

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,671 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2671Posts

2044Kudos

383Solutions

Hi @Kios 

You could try Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MYOB Technology\AU\MSC\2.0

Some earlier versions looked for 2.0 instead of 3.0 - not sure when this changed however v19.5 is about 10 years before v19.15.

Regards

Gavin

Kios
4 Posts
User
Kios
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin,

I did try your solution but didn't work for me.

Rigards,

Kios

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post