Accountright 2016.3 KEEPS CRASHING

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mandy-15-nfp
Trusted Cover User
47 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

47Posts

30Kudos

3Solutions

Accountright 2016.3 KEEPS CRASHING

HELP. I have upgraded to the new Accountright 2016.3 yesterday (and have to say i hate the look of it), and it keeps closing the program and crashing. Has anybody else experienced this? Thinking there are bugs in the new version which haven't been ironed out yet??? (hapens mainly when i try ot load reports, especially ones with alot of info).  Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

79 REPLIES 79
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Re: Accountright 2016.3 KEEPS CRASHING

Hi @Mandy-15-nfp

I’m sorry to hear you have been having regular crashes.

Are you able to clarify the exact error message that pops up when you have these crashes?

If you are getting the error message of Somethings gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close, then in the bottom left hand corner will be the words view error details. If you click on this link it will bring up an error log that can assist in resolving the error.

You may also want to try running the reports with a smaller date or data range to see if you have the same issue. Alternatively, you may also try running the same report inside the Clearwater sample file to see if you have the same errors appear.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Mandy-15-nfp
Trusted Cover User
47 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

47Posts

30Kudos

3Solutions

Hi Neil,

I tried to click on the error message to see what it says but it would not open. I have gone  into my c-drive properties to give myself and the system full access and also cut and pasted the online file to my desktop. I will see how that goes. fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

Hemlock
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

I haven't had crashes but haven't tried loading reports as yet. Just done the update to 2016.3 and now instead of being able to go straight through to accessing my files it now says to sign in with my MYOB details in full, and the only extra option is for a sign in of 12 hours and it doesn't save even just the email? I'm not happy with having to do that all the time when it was easy and direct access before, am I missing something that I need to do or is it possible in any way to be able to directly access as previously? I am the only regular user so really should have this option available. I also did the web installer thing that was a separate update, but it tells me if you sign in "oops, we couldn't find a product that matches your email address" so I'm not sure why it is there for downloading at all or what it is supposed to do really.

Yes, I think it's an ugly interface too.

Mandy-15-nfp
Trusted Cover User
47 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

47Posts

30Kudos

3Solutions

Unfortunately mine is still crashing even after i have done the above. Quite annoying really.

I haven't found a solution to the sign in issues and can only click the 12 hrs also. Quite frustrating when im in a hurry and i forget to click the 12 hours and it keeps logging me out. Smiley Sad 

Hopefully MYOB clear up all these issues from the new version. The only useful thing i have found with the update is when going to cards they now have outstanding amounts next to the supplier/customer. This i do love and will save time having to pull reports. Smiley Happy

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi @Mandy-15-nfp

I’m sorry to hear your still having issues with your AccountRight.

If you have a cloud file, to help narrow down what could be the cause of the issue, are you able to try checking out the file by going to File >> Check Out.

Checking out the file will download a copy of it to your computer, taking out the cloud servers and any connection to the internet from the potential causes of these issues. If that somethings gone wrong message comes up, by having the file checked out it may allow you to click on the view error details option so that we can get a better handle on what is going on with these issues you are facing.

In addition, if you are having issues, it might be a good idea to clear the cache file for your AccountRight. As the Cache file acts as something of temporary memory storage file, by clearing it out it makes AccountRight recreate the file. Occassionaly if the cache file had become damaged or something had become stuck then it can cause issues with AccountRight.

You can find the cache here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\201X.X\Cache\companyFile Cache_<Company name>.cache

Where <username> represents the Windows username you are signed in with, 201X.X represents the version you are using and <Company name> represents the name of the file. If you are going to delete the cache file, please ensure that you have AccountRight closed as if you try and delete the cache file with AccountRight open then Windows may bring up an error advising that the file is in use.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi @Hemlock

Thanks for your feedback.

The AccountRight 2016.3 update was built around a more secure login to ensure that your data is kept safe. As part of this AccountRight 2016.3 does not give you the option to remember your password and email address or even just the email address into the appropriate field. I cannot say if this feature will be changed in any future release to remember the login information.

I have shared your feedback with our team

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have,

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mandy-15-nfp
Trusted Cover User
47 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

47Posts

30Kudos

3Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thankyou for your reply. I have checked out the company and rechecked in to see if i can solve the problem. I tried looking everywhere for the cache folder but there isn't one to be found. I did however find an error log in there from last Friday - hoping it is the right error log, Are you able to have a look at the log and advise please?. regards. Mandy

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi Mandy ( @Mandy-15-nfp )

Depending on which version you installed, PC or server edition, then the username might be different, but I have checked on my version of AccountRight 2016.3 and the location I mentioned is where you would be expecting to be able to find the cache folder.

Looking at that error log you have provided, it appears that at least one part of it is being caused by the tax tables. Are you able to go to Setup >> Load Tax Tables. You should then get a message coming up advising you of the current Tax Table Revision Date and the date of the tax tables being loaded. Even if these dates are the same, are you able to click yes to continue and reload the tax tables.

You did mention you get errors when you try and run the reports that contain a sizeable about of information, do you get the same errors if you check the file out and run the report for the same period. I am hoping that by trying to run the reports in the checked-out file, it might let us get access to those error logs which can help us dig deeper to see why you are having such a difficult time with the latest version of AccountRight.

In addition, are you able to try running the same reports in the Clearwater sample file? As the Clearwater file is a company file with some information inside it, it can help us gain a sense of where the problem lies, whether its program specific or file specific.

Please do let us know how you get on with running the reports in the checked-out file and in Clearwater, as I would like to get this resolved for you.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mandy-15-nfp
Trusted Cover User
47 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

47Posts

30Kudos

3Solutions

Thanks Neil, I have reloaded tax tables and i will see how i go from there over the next day or two. If it does keep crashing i will work through the rest of your solutions. I will reply in a couple of days with how i went. Smiley Happy Cheers.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post