Adding another existing company to MYOB on a new laptop

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Carol58
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adding another existing company to MYOB on a new laptop

Hi

I have uploaded AccountRight onto a new laptop via online.  The process transferred one of the two existing companies that were in MYOB on my old laptop.  Not sure how to load the other company.   I believe I can use a USB but what do I put on the USB?  Is it the last backed up file for that company?  

I'm sure it must be straight forward but I need some help. 

Cheers

Carol58

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Adding another existing company to MYOB on a new laptop

Hi @Carol58 

Help Article: Setting up AccountRight on a new computer would go through that process.

In short, if you have the file on your USB stick, you want to take a copy of that file and move it to the Desktop. Once on that computer, you want to open AccountRight.

• If the file is a company file i.e. a myox file you want to select Open a Company File>>Select Add a Company File to this library and navigate to that file for selection before selecting to add it to the library so it can be opened.
  • If the file is a backup i.e. a zip file you want to select the Restore a backup file and go down the restore route.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Carol58
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven_M

At this stage I don't have anything on a USB as I'm still trying to work out what I try to put on it.  Can you look at the image I've sent and tell if the item highlighted in yellow is what you mean?  Otherwise, where do I find what you're referring to?

With regards
Carol58

Capture.PNG
IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,443Posts

277Kudos

231Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@Carol58 

From your screen shot, it looks like you need to copy the highlighted MYO file and BOX file if you have highlighted the correct data file. As an alternative, you could open the file on the old computer, and back it up to the USB drive, then plug the USB drive into the new computer, and restore the file to MYOB. Are these files not online? 

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post