Approved Bank Feeds showing up in Bank Reconciliation as not reconciled

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Approved Bank Feeds showing up in Bank Reconciliation as not reconciled

Hi All,

I have matched and approved all the transactions via Bank Feeds. However, when I am trying to reconcile the Bank Account, some of the transactions which have been approved are not ticked/marked as reconciled. I can see all these transactions in Approved Bank feeds. Yes, I can manually tick all these transactions as reconciled, but is there anything wrong with the reconciliation or the approved bank feeds?

Thanks,

Bhawna

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,668 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,668Posts

1,046Kudos

127Solutions

Re: Approved Bank Feeds showing up in Bank Reconciliation as not reconciled

Hi @Bhawnaa - I'd be checking the dates of the affected transactions, and your bank reconciliation's statement date. Transactions entered after the statement date will not appear in the bank reconciliation - even though they may have been matched and approved in Bank Feeds.

Bank Feeds and Bank Reconciliation are separate processes.

When you match and approve a transaction in Bank Feeds,

it will be flagged as "reconciled" in the Bank Reconciliation window

- but it will only appear in that reconciliation, if its' transaction date was on or before the statement date.

See this Support Note too - Resolving out-of-balance bank reconciliations

Kym Yeoward, CPA and MYOB Advisor

Darwin (Palmerston)

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Kym for your prompt response.

No, it's not a date issue. The Bank Statement date is 17 August and the affected transactions are from 2nd July to 24th July. Please note that some of the transactions from these dates are flagged as reconciled and some of them are flagged as not reconciled. However, all of these transactions are appearing as approved transactions in Bank feeds.

Thanks,

Bhawna

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Kym__Yeoward,

Waiting for your response Kym.

Thanks,

Bhawna

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,668 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,668Posts

1,046Kudos

127Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Bhawnaa

As I said, Bank Reconciliations and Bank Feeds are separate processes.

The key process is the bank reconciliation. This can be completed separately to bank feeds.

Bank feeds are a useful to help complete a bank reconciliation, but they are not a substitute.

An item can be manually reconciled in a bank reconciliation, yet still show in Bank Feeds as unallocated.

For these situations, just mark that bank feed as Hidden, using the drop-down menu in the top right corner.

It then won't show-up in your bank feeds. There's no accounting impact, as it's already been reconcilied with your bank statement.

Bank feeds are usually updated and allocated daily or weekly, whereas reconciliations are usually only done monthly.

For example, if the bank account has been reconciled to 31 July and it's the 28th of August,

transactions for 1 to 28 August may appear as allocated, even though the August reconciliation hasn't yet been completed (as the bank statement for the 31st is yet to come). If you open the Bank Reconcioliation screen and enter 31 August, you will see the approved trasactions showing with "reconciled" ticks, because that ledger entry has been matched to the corresponding tansaction on the bank's system (i.e. on the statement to come, or on the bank's transaction list, if you log-on to your online account).

Hope helps,

Kym Yeoward

CC @Steven_M - could we have a Support Note, explaining"Bank Feeds and Bank Reconciliations".

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Kym__Yeoward

Thanks for your prompt response.