Bank Feeds, Single touch Payroll etc

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MYJEL
Trusted User
28 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

28Posts

9Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds, Single touch Payroll etc

I have spent the past two weeks trying to get my Bank feeds up and running, spending the better part of two days on the phone to MYOB consultants only to have the bank feeds download entries dating back to 2015. I have had to spend many hours 'hiding' all these eronious entries and have not yet been able to use the bank feeds as they should be used.

I just paid employees only to be halted when trying to use the single touch payroll system being told i do not have authority despite having had authority to do this only last week.

I have started with a new company and have tried encouraging them to use MYOB to its full potential only to look like a complete idiot when MYOB's full potential is costing me time and effort rather than being a useful tool!

I tried calling again to find help only to spend half an hour on hold after speaking with a consultant who was just going to look at something....

This is not good enough. 

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds, Single touch Payroll etc

Hi @MYJEL 

Sorry to hear that you are encountering that situation with your company file.

Bank feeds will start from when your bank first approves the application. This does mean that if you haven't selected to receive those transactions for a period of time these will pull through to the company file when you next select to Get Bank Transactions. When those bank feed transactions are available in the company file, if they are not required you would need to select to hide those transactions through right-clicking on the individual bank transaction and selecting Hide transaction. This will hide that transaction from view. Do note that there is currently no bulk hide option.

In terms of your payroll reporting, if you are still encountering that situation can we get the exact message that you are receiving and when exactly it does occur so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MYJEL
Trusted User
28 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

28Posts

9Kudos

4Solutions

Steven,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately, the Bank feeds applications were started about four (4) years ago, so when I started with the organisation last month and completed the process we downloaded about four years worth of feeds which were obsolete and had to be hidden - this process happened two weeks ago, and we are still trying to get rid of all the obsolete feed items. A very time consuming and frustrating problem.

I guessed that it was due to the process having been started all those years ago, so thank you for the confirmation.

A future update that allows us to bulk delete things like obsolete bank feeds, unprinted cheques, unprinted invoices and unprinted bills etc would be great for people like me who come into a new organisation and have to fix these sort of things that slow down the program.

Again, thank you for your response.

Regards,

MYJEL

HBTrust
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Totally agree with this user. I have the same experience and put it in the 'too hard basket'. Which means the program is slow and i cannot use it to its full potential

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Yes agree @HBTrust  & @MYJEL I have had to do this many times hide the bank feeds one by one.   RSI much

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post