MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Buying an additional company file for AccountsRight Standard 2013.3.15 not on subscription

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User Helen_Kor
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Helen_Kor
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Buying an additional company file for AccountsRight Standard 2013.3.15 not on subscription

Good morning,

I have a desktop version of AccountsRight Standard 2013.3.15 where I am entitled to only one company file. Can you please direct me to the pricing & purchasing links to activate a second and possibly 3rd company file. These are for a stand alone version that I do not subscribe for.

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4419Posts

688Kudos

642Solutions

Re: Buying an additional company file for AccountsRight Standard 2013.3.15 not on subscription

Hi @Helen_Kor

I have arranged to send you a Quote for the additional company file on your Licence. You should be receiving an email for this Quote that includes the pricing and the means to accept the quote and purchase the additional licence.

I have sent the quote to the same email you have used to log into the Forum.

If you have any questions on this quote prior to purchasing, please feel free to send me a Private Message. You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Helen_Kor
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Buying an additional company file for AccountsRight Standard 2013.3.15 not on subscription

Thanks hayden, I have received the quote,  I appreciate your quick response.

Can you tell me this...  if I have wound up financials for one company that is activated, can that company file be deactivated ( having the file saved to my desktop) and then reactivate a new company file without expense? i.e. is the license to be using one company file at a time where you can say have 2 company files created but only activate one. then when you require to use another, you deactive the first company file?

I am likening this to the old Adobe design software (and probably others) where you could only have the program activated on one computer at a time (but installed on many), but simply deactive on one to activate and use it on the other.. I was thinking it may be the same with the MYOB company file (not the program, I know I was talking about the Adobe program- but you know what I mean) where you could toggle between the two company files.

To give an example of what I am trying to spit out... say I have a  company file(A) activated which is hardly updated other than for bank fees etc, then I have another company(B) that is updated say daily or weekly , can there be 2 company files created, when the company (B) is updated, then (A) is temporarily deactivated while (B) is activated & updated, then saved and deactivated?  ie deactivate (A) to activate & use (B) and vice versa

. is there a limit to activating and deactivating the company files?

Sorry if this is confusing, just trying to work out the limitations.

Many thanks for your patience and time!

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4419Posts

688Kudos

642Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Helen_Kor

As you have 1 Datafile Licence currently, the best way to understand this is by saying you have the licence to use 1 Current Datafile at a time.

If you have wrapped up the books of 1 company and will now be using that licence for another, this is entirely possible. You simply need to ask us to deactivate the relevant Company and this will "free up" the licence for you to activate a new company.

For an additional file, this is if you want to have a licence to use multiple files as "Current".

Once you deactivate a file, this will no longer allow it to confirm on our end and will become "read only". So you can still access the reports and data, though can no longer enter new data.

I hope this helps answer the question, please feel free to ask if you need anything else clarified!

5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Helen_Kor
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yes that makes perfect sense Hayden, many thanks!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post