clintboessen1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

CPU Issue with MYOB 2022.5 Huxley.Library.WindowsService.exe

Hi Guys,

We run MYOB Server Edition as we have multiple computers that need to work on the MYOB database at the same time.

Earlier this week our MYOB upgraded from 2022.4 to 2022.5.  Since this upgrade, the Huxley.Library.WindowsService.exe aka the "Myob AccountRight Library" service is using 100% CPU when started making MYOB almost unusable.

Uninstalling MYOB and rolling back to an older version fixes it but on 2022.5 it is unusable.

If we kill the Library service, we can use MYOB locally on one computer without issues but no longer over a network.

I contacted MYOB Support under Case Number: 01048117 - they transfered me around several times and also hung up me, after 2 hours they asked me to "add more memory" without even understanding how much memory I have or anything about my environment.  I asked to speak to someone technical, they advised they do not have any support staff with technical training.

I asked for a manager to call me back, we have been waiting 48 hours.

This is clearly an issue with the new 2022.5 update and also occurs on a complete reinstall.  I have replicated it on two computers both running Windows Server 2012 R2.

We have been running MYOB Server Edition on Windows Server 2012 R2 since 2015 without issues.

I would love to hear from anyone technical at MYOB as right now we are forced to find another product asap.

Thanks,

Clint

myobissue.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,097 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,097Posts

1,498Kudos

665Solutions

Re: CPU Issue with MYOB 2022.5 Huxley.Library.WindowsService.exe

Hi @clintboessen1 , this has also been an issue in previous versions. Someone posted a while ago that moving redundant files from the library to any other location made a big difference to server CPU usage. Could this help you too?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,097 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,097Posts

1,498Kudos

665Solutions

Sorry, my mistake, I just remembered that post was about high cpu usage by the API addon connector.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

clintboessen1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response Mike - we are still without MYOB at End of Financial Year and their support is non existant!

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
6,932 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,932Posts

604Kudos

990Solutions

Hi @clintboessen1 

Our development team has investigated the issue of high CPU usage and the issue appears to be server specific as it does not impact all users. A generic help article with similar problem and solutions can be found here. 

Please refer to it for workarounds that might assist in your situation. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post