GT66
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Change Serial Number

Hi everyone... I am at my wits end with trying to get MYOB to help with changing our serial number over from my Bookkeepers subscription to ours.

I have experienced the same issues as all the other posts on here with the Support team and I am still no closer to having it resolved.

I have seen many posts where the previous Admins were able to help and was hoping that might still be the case with the new team ... :-)

I have even found a company in Adelaide which offers a tool to do it myself but just not sure if there is any exposure with this approach... disclaimer: I have not found a single complaint or post anywhere online to suggest that it's not legitimate... it's just my old IT brain is trained to question things like this... but I am so desparate at this point that I will try anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

GT

7 REPLIES 7
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,721 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,721Posts

1,290Kudos

606Solutions

Re: Change Serial Number

Hi @GT66 

AR2023 has a built in serial number change function - however more often than not, this is disabled - this happens because the file is using bank feeds or other features linked to the serial number. 

Not sure what you have tried. I suggest if the file is online, make a backup and restore locally - then try the change serial number function under the Help menu. If this is available, AR2023 will try to activate the file with the new serial number you provide (you need to have a new serial number ready which means having your own licence and or subscription). If successful you can then upload the file online with the new serial number.

If the change serial number function is disabled, you will need to either use a 3rd party serial remover like you have mentioned or wait for assistance from a MYOB moderator to organise changing the serial number for you.

Removing a serial number (whether using a tool or having MYOB do this) simply makes the file un-activated. The file then cannot be used until it is activated with a new serial number, or the same serial number. You will need to go through the process of uploading the file, inviting users, linking bank feeds, STP registration etc. All this is lost when the serial number is changed. This includes any linked documents with the original file. According to other posts, MYOB can apparently re-link the documents etc once the file is online.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
GT66
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Thanks so much for taking the time for such a detailed response, I really appreciate it.

I should have been more detailed with my description, however you're right... the serial number change function is disabled. I believe this is due to the Pay Super service having been activated for our company file.

However I have not seen any previous mention of having to re-link any bank feeds, STP registration etc so I appreciate this information. Do you have any further information regarding this which includes all the things which are lost during the serial number change?

Thanks again for your time and response.

GT

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
1,153 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,153Posts

34Kudos

131Solutions

Hi @GT66 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The Change Serial number function will be unavailable if you're not signed in to your AccountRight file as an Administrator and if you have used any live services like Bank feeds, STP and Pay Super. If you need a serial number removed the MYOB's dedicated team will be happy to assist. You may contact us to request the service. Note, please take a back up of your company file before the serial number removal process.

Please feel free to post again, I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

GT66
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Princess_R thank you for your response.

I have spent a total of 12 hours on the phone and 2 hours via live chat using the Contact Us page you have referred me to. This entire process was started over 3 weeks ago.

Our bookkeeper has also spent over 6 hours trying to get this resolved.

With all due respect pointing me to a support page which to date has proven to be very unsupportive is frustrating to say the least. I am at a loss to understand why such a seemingly simple issue is proving to be so difficult.

Can you please provide a contact number or refer me to someone who can actually make this happen because every avenue we have tried so far has failed.

Thanks

GT

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
1,153 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,153Posts

34Kudos

131Solutions

Hi @GT66 

Thank you for the reply. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter, we're sorry to hear you've had that experience. To further assist you, could you send me a Private message with the following information:

• Serial number
  • Your full name and email address 
  • Business Name

Cheers,

Princess

GT66
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Princess_R thanks for your offer to Private Message you however when I click the link you provided the page I am sent to has no way of entering any messages.

I have searched this forum for similar issues and the only thing I can see is that you need to grant me access to send Private Messages? Is that correct?

Thanks

GT

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
1,153 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,153Posts

34Kudos

131Solutions

Hi @GT66 

I'm sorry for the late response, are you able to get this resolved? If not, could you please send me a Private message with the needed information posted on this thread.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post