Change company email for all users

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Change company email for all users

After spending almost an hour on "hold" to the MYOB "help" line, we are still at a loss to easily change multiple email addresses for our MYOB users. Customer service advised all users could access My.MYOB and change their own emails - she checked the account, & verified all users had this option. After hanging up we found this to be completly incorrect for some of our staff and no idea why. Around in circles we go again with MYOB....

We have upgraded our office and the new emails must be implemented ASAP, without creating new users, which was suggested elsewhere, but is not a workable solution in this day & age.

Surely there is a simplier way than creating MORE "inactive" users on the account just for the exercise to change an email address!!

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Change company email for all users

Hello @mumow 

Thank you for your post. 

After you've set up a user, you can't change the user name or email address. However, if they haven't entered any transactions, you can delete the user name and create a new user.

I have linked our Help Article on changing a user's company file access which covers the steps as to how to inactivate the older email and address and how to add in the new one. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, thank you. I read this and it is a confusing inadequate explanation. As I said previously - why have a "help line" if they cant offer correct "help". It is just becoming more and more inadequate.

It appears you have to create a new user, & therefore leave more "inactive" users on the list - this is why I was asking someone to clarify with their remedy. After many, many faithfull years, I cannot wait to move away from MYOB & its antiquated system and lack of assistance to real problems of a user.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @mumow 

I'm sorry if my answer was unclear. 

You are correct in saying that you will need to make the user inactive and then create a new user for the new email address that you would want them to be used on logging in.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post