Change of Owner User for MYOB File

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SandySto
Trusted User
23 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

23Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change of Owner User for MYOB File

Hi

We have 2 x owners on our MYOB file.  One of them has left the organisation some 6 months ago; the other has an incorrect email.

Can we please remove one of the owners and correct the email address of the other owner?

The file is owned by New *** Nominees with serial number ending in 7407.

Thanks

Sandy

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Change of Owner User for MYOB File

Hi @SandySto 

The primary contact on an account can request an update to the AccountRight Live Owner's user access. Looking at your account, you are not listed as that contact and as such we would not be able to assist further with the updating that information.

If it does need to be updated the current primary contact can contact us to update that information. Alternatively, if are you meet to be the primary contact we can send out a Change of Details form to update that primary contact option and thus allow you that access.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SandySto
Trusted User
23 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

23Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I am also listed as an owner where the email address ends in *construction.com

However, this was setup incorrectly and the email address should be *construction.com.au

The current primary contact C* S* has refused to assist us in any capacity and so we will need to complete the Change of Details form in order to remove her access.  Her emails are being archived so they are not accessible any longer, so this form will need to be sent to me.

Thank you

Sandy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SandySto 

I've arranged for a change of details form to be sent out to yourself to update that primary contact and other details. 

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SandySto
Trusted User
23 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

23Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I have had a look at the form - there is no actual change of business ownership or structure.  All that has changed are the online user classifications.  The accounts manager, who was responsible for purchasing MYOB many years ago is setup as the owner of the file - she no longer works for us.  The form is not clear as to what we do in this scenario.

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sandy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SandySto 

As you are not listed as the primary contact we would be looking at getting that Change of details form. You want to be looking at completed Step 1 on the particular form and supply documentation that you should be the listed primary contact (if the previous contact is not able to sign the form).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SandySto
Trusted User
23 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

23Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I have managed to make myself the primary contact under a separate logon (the c*.s*@*.com.au) email address, but am unable to change the email to my new email.  I am currently logged into this forum under my old email.  I got our system admin to reroute the emails so that I could login as the old primary user, and change it to me.  However, it says that my new email sandy@m*wa.com.au already exists as a user, and is unable to update the logon.

When I logon as my new email, it doesn't recognise that email.

Are you able to assist in some way?  Can I private message you the details?

Sandy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SandySto 

Ideally, if you do need to change your email registered for my.MYOB  you would navigate to my.MYOB using the old email address and select My Account>>My Details>> Click here to change email address. This will carry across the previous current entitlements across to the new email address. 

In what you are describing it sounds like the new email address would have been already registered and thus you are not able to update your current one to that. So we can further investigate your account and update your email addresses accordingly can you send me a private message on the Forum with that information (serial number and email address - old and new).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SandySto
Trusted User
23 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

23Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Thank you @Steven_M , I have sent you a PM with the details to change the email address of the primary contact (which is me, just with a different email address and myob account).

The myob account handle for the primary contact is @CSMWALL which I manage.

Kind regards

Sandy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post