Contributing Cover User
Australia
BeHappy
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Change of administrator

I have a myob serial number, I have 3 files as desktop files and one as a online file.  The online file needs to now

be seperated due to change in roles.  How can this be done?  The 3 offline files as very small and basic and do not need latest version, but the online file needs to be upto date sothey can access it online. 

Any support you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Re: Change of administrator

Hi @BeHappy

By the sounds of it, you are wanting to move across that company file into the cloud across to another serial number. If that is the case, the process would be as follows:

1. Open the online file 
  2. Take a backup of the file via File>>Backup
  3. Once that backup has been completed, restore that file locally - File>>Restore and restore into a library on my computer
  4. When that file is stored locally, go to Help>>Change Serial Number and change the serial number in the file to the required serial number to move it onto that serial number's licence.

Note: In some cases, the Change Serial number option will be greyed out and not able to be accessed. In that case, do make sure that you are opening the locally restored file and let us know - we may have to get that file in for that serial number to be removed.

If it's just a case of you are needing the AccountRight Live Owner access changed to be another contact we would be happy to arrange for that. Do let us know.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User BeHappy
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
BeHappy
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your help Steven, can you clarify, the files that are not in the cloud are under the same serial number as the one that is in the cloud, does this mean that to make the change we need to buy another licence?  if so how much would this cost?  currently using MYOB accountright 2018.4.1.  The files that are not in the cloud have minimal data and we are happy to use a unsupported version, but the online file needs to stay in the cloud.

again thanks for your help.

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
BeHappy
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

after scrolling through the community, it seems i may be able to set the online file and give access to the owner which is what i want and the other 3 files that are not in the cloud have them set to me as administrator.  would this work?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Hi @BeHappy

Currently, serial number ending in 4151 is licenced to yourself and is showing as having 5 company files active one of which is located in the cloud.

In terms of your enquiry, what is the ultimate goal that you are trying to achieve with that company file? Going forward what it does come down to is should that company currently located on the cloud be on your licence? i.e. you have sold that part of the business and as part of that sale the company file is being transferred but not the software/serial number? OR has the company just changed ownership and the company file located in the cloud is being managed by another user?

If it's the former, the company taking over the company file would need their product/serial number to move the company file to. For AccountRight Plus we would sell a subscription licence for $100 per month (min. 12 months). In terms of your actions, you would take a copy of the file and restore it locally before changing the serial number to their serial number or they can complete the change of serial number. 

If it's the latter, we can look at updating the AccountRight Live Owner on your serial number so that another user has access to the company file. This would mean that all company files are on your serial number and still managed by yourself (as you are the primary contact) but another user would have access to that online file as an AccountRight Live Owner.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
BeHappy
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank Steven,

I am sorry i am a little overwhelmed by the changes, I did try and ring to chat to someone which i thought would be easier, but was advised to use the forum and was disconnected.

There has been no change of ownerships, it is a change of roles and responsibilities. What has happened is the online file will now be completely managed by someone else.  I need them to have ownership and the ability to invite users (accountant) and i want to retain being able to access the other 3 on my desktop.  I have no intention of moving these 3 files to the cloud.  I did notice last night that the current invoice covers upto June 2019, so we also need to know if we would have to pay to have the online file in the cloud past this date.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Hi @BeHappy

Thank you for confirming that information, I have somewhat of a better understanding now.

Being the current AccountRight Live Owner of the serial number you certainly can invite other users to the company file in the cloud. See Help Article:  Add a User would be able to assist with that process. You can invite that user as an AccountRight Live Administrator - this would allow them to upgrade the file, invite other users and use the software. That user would not be able to apply for bank feeds, pay superannuation and online payments, you would need to do that being the AccountRight Live Owner-  but you can grant access after that fact.

In terms of your subscription on that serial number, you are on a recurring annual subscription, the current 12 month period will end in June 2019. In June 2019, that subscription will auto-renew for another 12 months if you don't wish to arrange the cancellation of that subscription.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
BeHappy
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, after seeing your response, even though at this stage there is no change of ownership, we have decided to make the 2 files seperate, we realise that we will have to buy a new licence but given the current one expires in 4 months it will be easier.

The online file can have the current serial number ending in 4151 and i will do change of ownership, therefore resulting in them being advised that the subsription needs to be renewed.

The other files that are not in the cloud i will buy a new licence for.

I will back up the files and after i have downloaded the software, I can restore these files to the new software and serial number.

Does this sound correct?  Could i also please organise to have the change of ownership form email to me so i can complete.

Feel free to ring me on my mobile, but when ever i call i get told to make my query online.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Hi @BeHappy

If you are wanting for that company file to be on a separate serial number another subscription would need to be organised for that particular company. I would recommend that the other company/user sign up for that new subscription through our website - AccountRight - we do have have a 25% discount offer until 28th February.  Note: They would need AccountRight Plus or Premier.

Once that subscription licence has been organised, another serial number would be generated. You would then take a  backup of that file, restore it locally before changing the serial number in the file. When that file has been moved across and all is going well with that file we can remove the cloud file from the "old" serial number to free up to subscription so you can upload a new company file if required.

The other option would be we look at creating another account for you in our system. We then send out a quote for the product and additional company file licences. When that has been accepted and paid for you would be looking at moving those relevant company files across to that new serial number.  This option would be $2199 (for the AccountRight Plus product) and then if you are needing to get 2 additional files $660 (330 per additional) OR $2859 all up. If you would like to do this offer you are welcome to send me a private message on the Forum with your best contact number - you can send me a private message on the Forum by selecting my username @Steven_M and selecting Send a Message (right-hand side)

**Prices are current at time of posting.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
BeHappy
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

For private reasons that i do not wish to devulge on a public site, I would like the online file to have the current serial number and i will purchase a new licence for the other files.

Can you please advise how i change the details of the current licence and if i then buy the new licence and restore the current offline files to this serial number?

I would like to do this over the weekend if possible, which i know means no support.

again thanks for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post