Checked out a 2019.2 company file and unable to now check in or replace it with current Offline File

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Checked out a 2019.2 company file and unable to now check in or replace it with current Offline File

Hi,

We converted our v19 Enterprise to 2019.2 Online about 13 months ago.  We checked out the File and used it locally offline since then.  Along the way we've gradually upgraded it to 2019.3, 2019.4 and now 2020.2.

Now we want to experience Live using 2020.2 (please don't respond about the pro's and con's of doing that).

So I want to push our 2020.2 company file back up to the Cloud.  But the paradox is that every approach I attempt tells me I must check-in the 2019.2 File but any way I try it is always telling me I must upgrade the company file from 2019.2 to 2020.2 before I can continue.

I presume they've evolved the system to this point to prevent customers making mistakes but I think I know what I want to do and it does not let me do it.
I need to replace the obsolete checked-out company file, with the currently offline, modern companyfile - and the system blocks me.

I don't care about the File that is currently checked out in the Cloud because the information in it is obsolete.  If there was a way to delete that file and then Live would let me simply open 2020.2 Offline and go File > Move File Online, that would work for me.

Hope someone can help me with the solution.

Thanks

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Re: Checked out a 2019.2 company file and unable to now check in or replace it with current Offline File

Hi @yak23fan 

If you have checked out the company file with an older version of the cloud that has now been decommissioned you would be looking at completing the following steps:

1. Open the checked out company file with that older version
  2. Take a backup of that company file - File>>Backup
  3. Within that file, go File>>Undo check out (Discard Changes)
  4. Restore that backup taken using File>>Restore and select to restore it locally i.e. into a library on your computer
  5. Open that local company file with AccountRight 2020.2 selecting to upgrade it
  6. When that file has been upgraded, take backup of that upgraded file
  7. Restore that file online using AccountRight Live

The above process will take a backup of the current company file, uses that file to upgrade locally before replacing the online company file with that locally upgraded file.

Note: AccountRight 2020.2 doesn't allow for the user to check out company files. More information can be found on Important changes in AccountRight 2020.2

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Checked out a 2019.2 company file and unable to now check in or replace it with current Offline File

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.  Thanks for the 2020.2 changes link - I completely overlooked reading that before and it explains a large part of the behaviour.

Will reply with how I get on.

Thanks

Alex 

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I'm stuck on Step (1) Open the checked out company file with that older version.

If I open 2019.2 to the Library Browser > open the checked out company file with that older version (presume you mean the offline file in My Library) > take a backup of that company file > within that file, go File > the option to 'Undo check out (Discard Changes)' is not present and it only offers me 'Go Online (Upload This File)'. 

In case I misinterpreted your Step 1, I then opened 2019.2 afresh, from the Library Browser selected Online and it prompts me to login to Live so I logged in, but it immediately displayed a dialog box saying "AccountRight needs updating...A new version of AccountRight is available.  Please update your software prior to accessing your online file...Get the latest version...Cancel", and at the left in the Library Browser, it indicates "You're not signed in" (to Live).

The only way I can actually get to login to Live and see the old 2019.2 company file in the Cloud is if I open 2020.2 and login to Live.

Can you please advise me further.

Thanks

Alex

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @yak23fan 

Do you have access to the current company file i.e. are you opening that file via your local library? If so, you want to:

1. Install AccountRight 2020.1
  2. Open AccountRight 2020.1
  3. Go to Open a Company File>>Online 
  4. Right-click on the company file name and select Undo Check out (Discard changes)
  5. Close AccountRight 2020.1
  6. Open AccountRight 2020.2
  7. Open the current file with AccountRight 2020.2 which will prompt it to upgrade
  8. Once upgraded, you would be using the Backup and Restore function to backup the local file and then restore it into the cloud

Should that process not work or you don't have access to the current file (as it was checked out prior to the decommissioning of that version) you would be looking at completing the following process:

1. Navigate to the following path:
    C:\Users\--username--\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline
    Note: App Data is a hidden folder
  2. Select to open the .sync folder
  3. Copy the myox file out of that folder
  4. Paste that file into the local library - Manage Libraries has the desired location
  5. Open the company file with AccountRight 2020.2 using the Open a Company File>>My Library option. This will prompt the file to upgrade.
  6. Once upgraded, you would be using the Backup and Restore function to backup the local file and then restore it into the cloud

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

The first 5 steps worked as described.  

Over the weekend I'll Restore the last backup of work done in the local 2020.2 Company file, Online to the cloud and check it can be accessed OK, and report back.

Thanks Heaps.

Alex

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your advice.

Previously using Steps 1 to 5 succesfully checked in the old company file.  The trick there was for me to use 2020.1 PC which still supported Check-In.  That left me waiting until I had sole access to the current company file to move it Online into the cloud.

Over the weekend using Steps 6-8 worked and we're now running 2020.2 with our previously offline company file, now Online.

The steps I took were:

6) Open AccountRight 2020.2 [then login to Live and select Online in the Library Browser]
7) Open the current [Online 2019.2] file with AccountRight 2020.2 which will prompt it to upgrade [to 2020.2.  Until I completed this step, I was unable to restore our offline 2020.2 file to Online, it would report 'Unable to restore...An error occurred while restoring this company file...No changes were made to your online file...Close'.]

8) Once upgraded, you would be using the Backup and Restore function to backup the local file and then restore it into the cloud [This then worked]

Since moving the company file online, users have reported an improvement in performance, especially with respect to the 'Location' field when invoicing.  We have 4 inventory locations (having moved from Enterprise v19 just over a year ago).  When the company file was Offline, on our local Terminal Server, users were experiencing from 5 seconds to up to about 5 minute 'holidays' that MYOB seemed to be having before it would move to the next field.  The Huxley application process showing in Task Manager for the particular user was consuming between about 500MB and 2GB of RAM on the TServer at the time.  These delays have so far been reported as up to 20secs max.

Thanks

Alex

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post