Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Confirmation of company file

I get a message to confirm company file and have 11 days to do so.

It gives me an option to confirm online but error reads "Unable to connect to online service.  You may not be connected to the Internet (I DO HAVE INTERNET) or your computers firewall may not allow online confirmation.

We recommend you try confirming your company file by phone"

I have turned off my firewall and anti-virus programs already and I do have internet.  I am unable to get through by telephone to confirm.

I use version AR 2019.2.1 from a local file on my hard drive and not on the cloud.

No idea what is happening here because I pay monthly subscriptions and that is still the same.

17 REPLIES 17
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Confirmation of company file

Hello @jackie8 

Thanks for your post, and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with company file confirmation

There is currently a known issue 12/08/2019. We're aware that some clients are not able to activate or confirm their company file. Our team is looking into the cause right now and we realise how important it is to resolve it as quickly as possible.

If you would like to be kept up to date on the status of this issue, you can subscribe to this notifications post Activation/Confirmation - Unable to connect - 12/08/2019

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
MYTRXSHN
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Your not alone. I spent 2:09 on the phone with them today and it hasn't resolved the problem for me. They asked I try again tomorrow or the next and if it's not working to call again and waste another couple of hours on hold. 

Charges have gone up, service at an all time low.

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @MYTRXSHN 

I just wanted to check in to see if you have still been having issues.  At the time of your post, the issue had been resolved as updated in the above linked post Activation/Confirmation - Unable to connect - 12/08/2019

As mentioned in that update Activations and Confirmations were now working as expected, but there was a large backlog of requests that were still being processed.  As such clients will see intermittent issues with AccountRight Live activation and confirmations until that backlog clears.

If you are still having issues, I invite you to make a dedicated new post to your issue and please do let us know so we can follow up with you.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Cover User jackie8
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Andrew Y,

Apologies for the delayed.  All good now.  Many thanks for resolving it.  

Jackie

Contributing User NickCooper4
13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am unable to confirm my Account Edge company file I have been given a confirmation code but it will not work. The AccountEdge specialsit advised me that I am using version 18 which I am not entitled to [his advice]. I am only entitled to Ver 17. I do remember upgrading to Ver 18 when I saw the upgrade advertised. Unfortunately there was very little [actually none] advice about what I was upgrading to. The specialst told me I am not entitled to Ver 18 and thats why the confirmation code given to me by MYOB will not work.

The only solution is for me to pay $95. Thats all the information I was given. Is that a once only payment? Will it solve the problem? Is this a one off payment or is it per month? What do I do?

Any help would be appreciated

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @NickCooper4 

If you had upgraded to a version you weren’t entitled to then there are two options.

The first is to locate a backup taken before the file was upgraded to the new version. As the file contained within the backup will likely be in the previous version this will allow that version of the file to be confirmed. Depending on when the file was upgraded, and as such the age of the backup, there may be some missing information in the backup that will need to be reentered.

The alternative is to take out a support agreement for your serial number, which is for a minimum 12 month period. Having a support agreement will entitle you to the latest version and as such allow the file to be confirmed as you are now entitled to that version. I believe the rep you spoke to was mentioning this option, as that sounds like a monthly charge for some of our higher level product support plans.

Depending on your situation one of these options might be more viable than the other, however these are the two options in the given situation

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, thanks for your advice.

Just to put you in the picture:

I need the basic version of AccountEdge for our accounts. The only extra criteria is having the capacity to meet STP requirements for the ATO through MYOB. We have no need for online payroll, etc, etc. Just the simple stuff.

I upgraded to Version 18 only because when I went into my.myob it told I needed to upgrade. So I did. There was no information associated to tell me what the upgrade entailed. I thought it was part of the normal MYOB practice.

As I understand, I now have upgraded to Ver 18 which requires me to pay $95 per month. This is the last thing I wanted to do. So there are some questions:

1. Does ver 17 have the STP capacity to send payroll information to the ATO?

2. Is the charge for Ver 18 actually $95 per month

3. Do I have to have Ver 18 to have the STP capacity to send payroll information to the ATO?

4. If Ver 18 is required, does MYOB have a cheaper rate for Not for Profits?

5 Is there another way of sending STP to the ATO other than MYOB?

6. Can I select ver 17 which is still on my laptop and use my current file which I am using in Vers 18

7. I am currently paying the $10 per month charge in Essentials. I thought this was required for the sending of STP data to the ATO. Is this waht that charge is for?

8. Do I have to pay that as well as the $95 charge

Thanks for reading this lot

Nick

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

HI @NickCooper4 

STP compliance was introduced in the recent release of AccountEdge Pro and Network Edition, being v18. Versions prior to this did not have STP functionality and as such cannot be used to report STP functionality.

$95 per month is the current subscription price for AccountEdge Pro. This price is correct at the time of posting. There are discounts for not for profits, however there is certain criteria to be eligible for these discounts. Our sales team on 1300 793 130 will be able to look into that for you

You need to have an STP compliant method of reporting your payroll figures to remain compliant with the ATO. So if you were using the $10 per month Essentials Payroll for your STP obligations your AccountEdge software would not need to be STP compliant

When a file is upgraded to a new version of AccountEdge it cannot be opened in previous versions. As such if it has been upgraded to a new version that your not entitled to your options as mentioned previously would be to locate a backup in the version your entitled to or go on a support agreement to be entitled to the version you have upgraded to

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

I got onto a lovely lady at MYOB who was super helpful. We have run with your advice to go back to Ver 17 and have that confirmed. She has set everything in place for the confirmation at MYOB for ver 17. She tested it with me and it would not process. She advised me that it might take a good number of days for the system to reset itself. I tried today but to no avail. Do you have any ideas about this. Should I just wait and try again  or should I contact MYOB. My concern is the number of days is winding down before the file becomes read only. Will MYOB not make the file read only now that I have reported the problem and a recticiation process is in train?

Kind regards

Nick

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post