Consistent issues with Confirming company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
redmx
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Consistent issues with Confirming company file

Hi team

I have been using AccountRight for 15 years now and with few exceptions the company file confirmation has been flawless for 14 of those years.

For the last 12-18 months I have had to ring and confirm every time., prior to ringing I have tested internet connectivity, disabled firewalls etc and it is just plain frustrating. Not thelped by the fact I only do it just prior to needing the accounts to complete GST (note to self - do it earlier in period to avoid pressure)

Tonight I was on hold for just under 20mins waiting to get through to support (about 9:00pm NZT), it appeas the support team could see an issue att he backend and fixed it and I nneded to wait 5 to 10 minutes to retry.  I have now tested this and it is working correctly.

I did get a pitch to upgrade during the call.  Is MYOB putting a hold on non-online or older versions (mine is 2018.1) to try and force them to go online? I notice that there has been a larger number of forum [posts on this topic so I think we need a wider response....noyt just patchwork fixes for each user.  If there is an issue with 2018.1 and a update is recomended/required let us know.

Last 4 digits 9113

6 REPLIES 6
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Consistent issues with Confirming company file

Hi @redmx , there's been a change - I think I'm right in saying,  any user on an older version can now upgrade to 2021.1, so I suggest you do that.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

redmx
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Cheers Mike - will check out after I have completed the GST return.  Is there a forum update on this I missed?

Is this a paid for update or a "free" update...not that I am all that bothered depending on $$$, but I cannot rember seing a coms push from MYOB (will need to check spam filter)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @redmx 

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, all users will be eligible for the latest version of AccountRight, whether they have an active AccountRight subscription or not. Only paying users will continue to get access to online services, Payroll reporting and tax table updates. We are in the process of communicating that information to users in the coming period.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

redmx
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi MYOB team

I have not yet progressed the upgrade from Account Right 18.1.1 (have not needed to reconfirm file for a while).  Looking at getting this done rather than put off too much longer.

For the NZ desktop only license, which version do I need to move to (is it 2021.4?) . Note that I am not looking for a web or subscription service.  Can I follow the tips n tricks for installing and upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @redmx 

The latest version, which is 2021.4, would be available to you and I've made sure that your serial number is licenced to use that version.

Our Help Article: Getting the latest version has information on obtaining that latest version. Once on that latest version, you would just need to open your company file (as you normally would) to open and upgrade the company file to that new version.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

redmx
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

20Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

All good. Nice and easy .  Will not be using in anger until Octber for next GST pprocessing and filing.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post