1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Customise Forms problems after upgrading to 2019.2

I have updated to this version and my customised form whilst it is still there has been automatically modified to be wrong.

How do i get my old one back - ie where is it now saved?

43 REPLIES 43
Experienced Cover User HeatherDBS
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

126Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.2 is now available

On the surface, a great update but STILL no emailing of receipts, no auto column resize on bank rec report, no option to include the allocation memo on the Job Transactions [Accrual] report, no security for custom reports, no option to copy timesheets to other employees. Maybe one day I'll look forward to installing an update again.

And I have the same issues as @ccr with our custom forms now being wrong. Please tell me we don't have to recreate them from scratch.

One day I'll learn to read the comments on this post before installing the updates too!

Experienced Cover User CuttingEdge
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

@HeatherDBS  &  @ccr  I noticed the same issue with our customised forms - for us Invoices, the work around for me which is a right royal pain in the butt is to go into the customised form each morning before I start open the customised form save it and then voila ! it works, otherwise I get some kinda generic looking form without our logo etc hope this might help in the short term but definitely a bug that nees addressing quick smart 

126 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

126Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

@CuttingEdgeI thought you were a life saver for a second but it doesn't work for me. The names of the files are still there but the files themselves are all the generic ones. There's nothing to save. We've lost statements, several invoice types, orders, quotes, payslips, everything. Currently trying to weigh up the time needed to recreate them all vs asking MYOB to restore yesterday mornings backup from their server and reentering yesterday's data...  Thanks for your suggestion though.

Experienced Cover User CuttingEdge
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

@HeatherDBS  **bleep** ! all our forms are still there just not linking as they should when I go to print unless i first open the customised form and save it - sorry it doesnt work for you Smiley Sad 

hahaha I love how the word b u g g e r automatically changes to **bleep** but we still can't have the option to email out receipts - like I have been requesting this at least every year for what feels like forever Smiley Sad 

126 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

126Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

@CuttingEdgeHaha. Yep. "Planned since 2013".

@ccrWhen I called tech support to ask about restoring their server backup of our file so I could get the files back, the first person I spoke to didn't even know how to print a session report. However, when I called back later, I got a helpful person who talked me through migrating the forms again that we used years ago before we downgraded upgraded to the online version. So, I saved myself $50 paying for the restore (and several hours data reentry). The forms are not our current ones but close enough that I can easily make the changes without starting from scratch.  If you used MYOB classic prior to AccountRight online you may be able to do this as well.

GThomson
7 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

7Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Upgraded this morning and then went to print invoices for sending out with statements and all our customized forms have gone. Please help me get these back as I do not have the time to re-do from scratch before end of business today? Grrrrrr

Community Manager Suja_P
5,883 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,883Posts

2,150Kudos

476Solutions

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issue with your customised forms. To bring back your forms, please log out and back into your AccountRight files. If this fails, clearing your cache will bring back the forms.

The issue has been escalated to our team and we're working on providing a permanent solution for this, at the earliest. 

For more information do please see Customise form usage in AccountRight 2019.2

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

126 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

126Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Suja_P 

We are unable to comment on the post you linked to about clearing the cache. If I have already migrated/imported my old forms from when we used MYOB Classic Premier (as instructed by your phone tech support today), will this have overridden the forms that were in 2019.1? I would prefer the updated versions from 2019.1 but have I already overwritten them now and no longer have access to them? Or should the cache clear still work?

* Gotta love support notifications/announcements that only give the option to accept as a solution, and not to ask clarification questions. What are you supposed to do if it's not a solution?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @HeatherDBS 

The migration of those customise forms from AccountRight Classic to 2019, would fail when you attempted that migration. This would be due to the fact that the forms would have the same name as those already in the AccountRight 2019 thus creating an error when migrating.

If you did want to attempt that re-migration of those customise forms, you would first need to rename the desired forms in AccountRight Classic before migrating to 2019. To rename those form files, navigate to the forms folder for that old version (more than likely either C:\Premier19\Forms or C:\PremierClassic\Forms - used Premier as the example would replace if you are on Plus for example), and right-click on the desired form file select Rename. Once those files have a different name, you can migrate these into AccountRight 2019.2.

As those forms have a different name, they will not replace those already in AccountRight 2019, as they are treated as a different file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post