42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Dashboard display in the web browser version

Is there a way to not allow some users to have the Dashboard display in the web browser.  Currently our staff who just enter invoices can now see the current sale history compared to last year month by month.  I am pretty sure they can not see that with their current access on the pc version live version.  

As an ownder I like the dashboard with all the relevant summaries but I was shocked to see what the other users of the system can see.  I think  that this is an oversight of the dev team here.  On ringing support I was told they see exactly the same thing but i disagree.   My receptionist who enters invoices can now view our year to date sales and compare with last year and see total sales for this month.   

I would like to see that you can toggle the web browser option "off" or at least the data that is being displayed on the dashboard for some users modified.  

4 REPLIES 4
WG1
Experienced User
61 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

61Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Dashboard display in the web browser version

Hi Michelle

I noticed the same thing with one of our users yesterday who could also see bank balance AND payroll!  If you click on your company name on the top rhs and select users it will show you the permissions and you can change from there.

The user i was talking about showed up as having Administrator rights even though he doesn't in the desktop version.   Something MYOB should ticking off as working properly in their QA checklists.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
4,733 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,733Posts

2,138Kudos

611Solutions

Hi @MichelleBerndt , this is a known issue currently being considered, see Re: Security Breach MYOB 2020.4.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

henrywj
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Do you guys have an update here. We'd really like to hide the dashboard for some of our users.

Thanks.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,147 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,147Posts

735Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @henrywj 

While you can't hide the dashboard, what a user can view on the dashboard is determined by the roles they have been assigned in AccountRight. I would recommend checking the user roles to make sure employees can only view their required areas: Manage users

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post