Data missing since AccountRight upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User SimonB70
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Data missing since AccountRight upgrade

Hi,

Our IT contractor installed the new compliance update (we're now running AccountRight 2018.2.1). We then opened/upgraded our data files and found that a user no longer existed and months of transactions were gone.

Can we please get some advice on how the best way to proceed to get a working version of MYOB back?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

888Solutions

Re: Data missing since AccountRight upgrade

Hi @SimonB70

I have not seen transactions suddenly disappearing with the AccountRight Live upgrade, that being said, Users do become Inactive in the 2018 release the User Management system has changed between v19 and 2018 and will need to be re-set up in the 2018 software.

Before looking into the User troubles, the more concerning problem is missing transactions. To look into this, the best thing to know is if you still have the old v19 datafile and if you have a backup of this.

In short, I'd be looking at ensuring my data is correct in the .myo file we're using and then ensure that specific .myo file is being upgraded for use in 2018 and upgrade the file again.

I would recommend following these support notes through the process:

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Kim_5496
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have experienced the same issue with our MYOB. No missing user but data is missing from the past year, particularly bills paid to suppliers.

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,758 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,758Posts

2,112Kudos

388Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Kim_5496

Did you upgrade the file yourself or send to MYOB?

I have done more than my fair share of upgrades. Based on my experience, there are 2 likely reasons for transactions missing:

• Someone purged closed prior years transactions - highly recommended to keep file size down
  • file mixup, the wrong file was upgraded - an older copy of the file with same name perhaps. Check the date of the last few transactions in the file.

Regards

Gavin

Nai
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have experienced similar. The final Payroll for 2018 is missing as well as as some other transactions. I have tried to uninstall the upgrade and open the file with 2018.2 but the data is still missing. I have tried to open a backup from last Friday but the data is still missing.

I printed an entitlement report just before doing the upgrade yesterday which is correct but now if I run the same report, the accruals for that last payroll are missing.

We had reconciled accounts which are now not reconciled (but we printed the reconciliation reports last Wednesday).

Please advise if there is a way to recover this data. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,806 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,806Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

Hi @Nai

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

One of the first things to look into if you are missing transactions is the file itself. Specifically, the pre upgraded file. As the upgrade process can only upgrade information within the file, if the information wasn’t in the pre-upgraded file at the time of upgrade it won’t be carried into the upgraded file.

If the information wasn’t in the pre upgraded file then there is no information to recover as it didn’t exist, instead it would require being reentered into the file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User SimonB70
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It was sort of a file mix up. Our IT contractors messed up the upgrade process and seemed to lose the most recent data files. Once they found them and upgraded it was fine.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post