Delete MYOB file from Cloud

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
cableworks
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete MYOB file from Cloud

Hello.

I need to update my Local MYOB AccountRight file to switch from STP1 to STP2. I understand in order to be able to do this I need to put my local file online.

My problem is that I already have a file that's online that I need to need to delete first as it's somewhat out of date and it's preventing me from uploading the up to date local file.

Please advise how I can arrange to delete the online file.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Re: Delete MYOB file from Cloud

Hi @cableworks 

If the file online and your local file have the same serial number and File ID (which they should if it is the same file at an earlier point in time), you can replace the online file yourself. To do this you need to make a backup of the local file and then restore that online. See these help articles below:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Back+up+your+company+file

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Restore+your+company+file 

Once you do this, don't forget to rename or move your local copy to ensure you don't inadvertently log into the local file when you meant to log into the online one.

FYI you can comply with STP Phase 2 without storing your AR2023 file online (if you are reluctant to do so). 

Take a look at a program called STP Creator - this was specifically developed for offline MYOB files and works with all versions of MYOB including AR2023.1. Annual cost is $111 for up to 4 employees or $222 for up to 20 employees. This way you get to keep using MYOB offline and complying with STP Phase 2. I hear quite a number of AR2023 users have commenced using this for Phase 2 reporting while continuing to use MYOB offline.

There are also other options (just not from MYOB), however all (except STP Creator) require re-entry of some data.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
cableworks
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Gavin 

Thank you for your quick reply! 

Everything you mentioned makes sense. My problem is I have two files on the Cloud. One is the file I'm trying to update and the other is a different company. When I try to upload the file I want to update it says a need a subscription, but the file is already there. I would have thought it would recognised the serial number and ID and just copy over it. But my understanding is I have to have someone delete it from the Cloud.

If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a first time user of this forum so hopefully I'm using this correctly.

Kind regards

Pat

cableworks
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Gavin

Sorry ignore my previous post. 

Just read over your answer again and I will try backing up my file and then restoring on Cloud.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Pat

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @cableworks 

There is a difference between uploading (Go Online) and restoring online.

To upload you need to have a free 'slot' or 'spot' for a new online file - so if all your 'slots' at taken, the only way to upload is to have one of the files removed. Only MYOB can do this - @Tracey_H for example who will be notified of this post.

To restore,  you can replace an existing online file yourself, with a file that has the same serial number and file ID by using the Restore function. 

Hope this clarifies

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
cableworks
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Gavin

Thank you for your help!

I did a restore to the Cloud and I'm online again.

I've updated my payroll info to STP2 so ready to go.

Kind regards

Pat

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post