Delete button in Amount field doesn't work like it used to

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

Delete button in Amount field doesn't work like it used to

@Suja_P

In relation to this post: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/AccountRight-2019-2-Things-you-should-know...

I'd like to add that the current 2019.2 update has broken a feature that I'm sure not only i use.

When putting in Spend Money's for petrol costs (and other costs), I split the cost into a MV Fuel line and a Drawings line (65%/35% of the cost). What I've done since using myob since approx myob 2013 is:

1. open a spend money and click Use Recurring and open a saved fuel transaction.

2. I click in the amount field and press delete

3. click in the fuel expence amount field and press delete then down arrow

4. press delete while now being in the drawings amount field

5. Click the Amount field up top which now says $0.00 and type the total amount of the fuel cost (lets say in this example it's $100.00)

6 Go back to the fuel expense amount field and press delete again, then down again

6a this then puts the total amount of $100 which I typed in the total amount field into this field.

7 I then click that 100 and press *.65 to give me $65, then press down

8 I now press delete then up and the balance of $35 is automatically shown/calculated in the 2nd drawings amount field

9 I then press record and I'm done.

But now pressing delete doesn't work so the fields don't automatically update, so I now have to do the following:

1. open a spend money and click Use Recurring and open a saved fuel transaction.

2. I click in the amount field and press delete

3. click in the fuel expence amount field and press delete then down arrow

4. press delete while now being in the drawings amount field

5. Click the Amount field up top which now says $0.00 and type the total amount of the fuel cost (lets say in this example it's $100.00)

6 Go back to the fuel expence amount field and press delete again, then down again

6a this then leaves $0.00 in the field instead of the total amount of $100 which I typed in the total amount field.

7  I manually type 100*.65 and press down

8 I now press delete and up and the amount stays as $0 instead of automatically showing/calculating the balance of $35 in the 2nd drawings amount field

9 I notice the out of balance amount and I have to manually type it in this field and press tab

10 press record and i'm done after doing everything manually.

TL;DR version: when pressing delete in an amount field, the field used to go blank. If you then went out of that field it would calculate and show a number. NOW when you press delete, you only see $0.00, so it won't/can't calculate anymore.

Can you please add this to the list of things that need to be fixed?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Re: Delete button in Amount field doesn't work like it used to

Hi @CDFFDC 

The post AccountRight 2019.2: Things you should know is designed to alert clients on AccountRight 2019.2 about specific situations that we are aware of that have been introduced with the AccountRight 2019.2 version compared with the previous version of the software (AccountRight 2019.1).

From what you are describing this is a change from the AccountRight Classic range to AccountRight 2019. and thus would fall into a different situation. Having said that, I have been able to replicate what you are describing with AccountRight 2019.2 This is due to the way AccountRight 2019.2 generates those transactional lines and the fact it is a recurring transaction. 

If you move aside the recurring transaction for a second, AccountRight 2019 will prefill the first transactional line with banking total amount. If that is changed, the next line will uptake the rest as when you have created that line it has looked at the amount value. In your case, as it's a recurring transaction that second transactional line is already prefilled when you have selected to open that transaction thus will not look at the total amount of the transaction when the first line is updated.  This does mean that the amount would need to be entered manually or the second line would need to be recreated to have that line automatically recalculated.

While I have raised this situation with the required team as a change between AccountRight Classic and AccountRight 2019 I don't foresee any major changes to this space in the foreseeable future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven thanks for your reply but I think you misunderstood me (I don't think I explained it properly)

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @CDFFDC 

The post AccountRight 2019.2: Things you should know is designed to alert clients on AccountRight 2019.2 about specific situations that we are aware of that have been introduced with the AccountRight 2019.2 version compared with the previous version of the software (AccountRight 2019.1).

From what you are describing this is a change from the AccountRight Classic range to AccountRight 2019. and thus would fall into a different situation.

I meant i've been using Myob since v2013. This started happening as of 2019.2. It was working fine in 2019.1, therefore I've asked for this feature to be added to Suja's list as it is now broken.

@Steven_M wrote:

Having said that, I have been able to replicate what you are describing with AccountRight 2019.2 This is due to the way AccountRight 2019.2 generates those transactional lines and the fact it is a recurring transaction. 

As mentioned above, it was working fine all the way up to and including 2019.1. It is now broken. It should not (or has not) be working that way.

@Steven_M wrote:

If you move aside the recurring transaction for a second, AccountRight 2019 will prefill the first transactional line with banking total amount. If that is changed, the next line will uptake the rest as when you have created that line it has looked at the amount value. In your case, as it's a recurring transaction that second transactional line is already prefilled when you have selected to open that transaction thus will not look at the total amount of the transaction when the first line is updated.  This does mean that the amount would need to be entered manually or the second line would need to be recreated to have that line automatically recalculated.

Again, this was not the case up to 2019.1. That's why I've started this post. My workflow is now being affected because changes (on purpose or by mistake) have been made.

Regarding the second line being prefilled because it's a recurring transaction is excatly my point. In my steps I pointed out that I deleted all amounts but now the amount will not change from $0.00. I really dont' think you understand my points properly. Previously I'd open the recurring transaction and delete amounts from all three amount fields, I'd then put the total amount in the main field, then myob would autofill when rentering the other 2 fields. Now it's stuck on $0.00 and everything has to be done manually.

@Steven_M wrote:

While I have raised this situation with the required team as a change between AccountRight Classic and AccountRight 2019 I don't foresee any major changes to this space in the foreseeable future.

Please let me reiterate, it's a change from 2019.1 to 2019.2, NOT classic to 2019. I just meant I've been doing it since I first started using Myob because that's how I was shown to do it.

If you have a test version of 2019.1 (and 2019.2) do what I'm saying and see the difference.

Please fix it and add it to Suja's list in https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/AccountRight-2019-2-Things-you-should-know...

Thanks

Highlighted
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

If you move aside the recurring transaction for a second, AccountRight 2019 will prefill the first transactional line with banking total amount. If that is changed, the next line will uptake the rest as when you have created that line it has looked at the amount value.

Hi Steven,

Btw, it now doesn't autofill when doing a fresh transaction either (ie this is NOT a recurring transaction):

Shouldn't this automatically be $35.00 as you stated above??

MyobBroken.jpg

I think 2 things are happening. 1) it's not autocalculating the difference, and 2) pressing delete in a number field is not leaving that field blank until you leave the field. It's putting $0.00 instead of staying blank, then it's not calculating when you leave the field (as per 1) ).

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @CDFFDC 

I've been able to replicate what you are describing with AccountRight 2019.1 and 2019.2. The change is due is to a process change in AccountRight 2019.2 that when the delete key is selected for that transactional line the value is not returned to blank but will be populated back with $0.00. I've passed onto the team to look into that situation further.

In terms of your second post and it not auto prefilling that amount, if the card selected does have a default expense account listed on the card then it will not pre-populate that line, only the transactional line (account/tax code).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I agree ENTIRELY. I have just upgraded from 2018 to 2019 to facilitate STP and a pivotal convenience of MYOB for decades has been for the user to be able to delete the next line amount and MYOB will insert the balance when tabbing to the next field (instead of $0.00 as it does now). I now have to manually type the balance every single time!!

This has been broken with this upgrade and it's already driving me NUTS. This needs to be fixed as an utmost matter of priority!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @Boogie 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this situation. As I have indicated, this is something that we passed on to the required team to look into further for potential future releases.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

also makes the transaction balance!  and while we are at it, there is also a problem with entering sales.  The columns return to the default width and so I have to move them everytime I open the sales window.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

I strongly support this requested fix. The moderator has previously replied that the problem was recognised in version 2019.2 and "raised for discussion". It is now version 2019.4 and still the bug has not been fixed.

As noted by others, the way MYOB used to work was a time saver. The way someone has changed the program it is a time waster.

Please fix this problem sooner than in the distant future.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post