Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

21Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Desktop Icons

I noticed that each time I upgrade MYOB, the old desktop icon is left in place and a new icon placed somewhere else on my desktop. If I don't pay attention to this and continue to click on the old icon, what will happen?  I am concerned that I may be working in an old file or possibly two files in parallel before noticing the issue.

Normally when software updates, the icon should be either unaffected and opens the latest version or only the new icon should remain.

Is there any reason MYOB is not cleaning up like this?

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,357 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,357Posts

1,913Kudos

548Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Desktop Icons

Hi @TomD , if you were to use the old desktop icon by mistake, you would see a message "To open this file you need to use AccountRight<version number>, do you want to open the file". This has confused users who don't realise they have used the old desktop icon.

It is up to users to maintain the versions they require on their system, as some people (like me) require to have multiple versions to support their clients. Once you have upgraded, any previous version can be removed via add/remove programs.

btw, when an upgrade is done to a local or network library file, AccountRight keeps a copy of the previous version with the version number added to the file name.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Trusted Cover User TomD
45 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

45Posts

21Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Desktop Icons

Thanks Mike - much appreciated.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search