Education Provider Reference Software deployment at a school

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
icobbne
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Education Provider Reference Software deployment at a school

We just completed our Education Provider Reference Software subscription. What is the right practice to deploy this software in a school network? I see a few files to download as listed below.

• Accountright Server installer
  • Accountright PC installer

Does it mean I need to use a server for this and install PC version on school workstations to make available for students?

Can students install the software on theor BYOD devices?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Education Provider Reference Software deployment at a school

Hi @icobbne 

It depends on your specific network setup as to what you need to install.

The Server Edition is designed for peer to peer networks, where all of the files will sit on a server and all users will work on the same file. The computers connecting to the server can have either the server or pc editions installed to connect to the server computer.

If all users were going to be using their own files located on their own devices you would be looking at either the PC or MSI installer. The MSI installer is specifically designed for terminal server networks. As installing on a terminal server can be rather complex, we recommend speaking with your IT professional or network administrator for assistance with installing on a terminal server

If students were using their own devices and storing their files upon them, you would be looking at using the PC installer. This installs the program just on that one computer which will also host the files locally on that machine.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

icobbne
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M 

Thanks very much for the details. I have only one serial number. Is it ok to hand over serial number to students to allow them to install on their personal BYOD devices?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI @icobbne 

Under your licence you will be entitled to a certain number of files. If each student is going to be activating a file on their device they will need your serial number to be able to activate the file under your licence. Do note that if the number of files being activated exceeds your allotment, no new files will be able to be activated.

In some cases educational institutions will provide premade files to their students. Generally these files will be to teach a specific thing, or be used as a working sample to teach functionality or assessments.

Which of these options you employ is entirely up to you and the content you want to deliver.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

icobbne
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M 

Thanks very much. Appreciated with your detailed answer and time.

Kind regards

AHSICT
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M   I just came across this post which is very helpful for our school setup.  Are you able to advise how we can find our allotment entitlement as per your comment:  "Do note that if the number of files being activated exceeds your allotment, no new files will be able to be activated."

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @AHSICT 

For any questions relating to your specific account, I recommend reaching out to your account manager. They will be able to assist you with any account enquiries that you may have including the number of files your entitled to under your allotment

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AHSICT
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you @Neil_M  I appreciate your guidance.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post