Contributing User Key1126
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Enter Purchases

Hi, I've noticed under the purchased entry, all columns of Items are prefixed with certain width. When recording the purchases, I'd like to see a wider field under 'Description' and it allows me to drag and widen the column. However by doing that, MYOB does not save my modified column width after I exit the entries. The next time when I select enter purchases, the prefixed column is back to the original setting. Can you please improve the software by allowing us to save the modifed column. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
1,053 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,053Posts

146Kudos

134Solutions

Re: Enter Purchases

Hi @Key1126 

Thanks for your post. Can I check which version of AccountRight you are using, you can find this in Help>>About MYOB AccountRight>>Build. I have 2019.4 and I have tried to replicate your issue but when I change a column width in the Enter Purchases window it stays the new size even if I close the window and reopen it. For the column to revert to it's orginal size I have to right click on the column header and click on reset layout.

Please do let me know if this isn't working for you.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,
Thanks for your reply. I am using the same version as well, 2019.4.0

The column width after changed will stay the same at least for the same day. I'm not sure how many days it will remain the same but definitely after a week, the width will return to the original default without having to do anything like right click or whatsoever. I rang your support team and was told there's nothing can be done. Only the person who wrote the software can do something. Please provide this feedback to your software team and get them to look into this. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner David_Cree
1,032 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,032Posts

328Kudos

131Solutions

Hello @Key1126  @Tracey_H 

it might help if you go to Setup / Preferences / Windows tab and put the tick on the option to save windows sizes & locations.

Cheers David

DAVID CREE
MY Business Locum MBA, LCGI, MICB
MYOB Certified Consultant
Ph: 0418 622 163 Fax: 08 8362 2163
mybl@senet.com.au
St Peters South Australia
Highlighted
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi David,
Thank you for your suggestion. It doesn't help by doing so. In fact I have tried many ways but the setting will still return to its default the next day. Please help me feedback to the software technician and get them to look into this. If the software cannot be improved to allow us to change the default setting of column width, at least get them to make the 'description' column wider. That's all I ask for. Thanks.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
1,053 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,053Posts

146Kudos

134Solutions

Hi @Key1126 

I've tested this in my file over the last few days and the changed column width has been remembered. So that I can look into why this isn't working for you can I get you to check the Build no you are using. You can find this in Help>>About MYOB AccountRight>>Build. It should be 2019.4.23.1762.

Can I also get the following information -

• does this happen for all layouts or a specific layout
  • do you record a sale after changing the width
  • does this happen in the Clearwater file

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,
Yes i'm using the same version as yours, 2019.4.23.1762
This problem only happens to the Purchases entry, Sales entry has no problem because the 'Description' column width itself is already wide enough therefore no need to widen.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
1,053 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,053Posts

146Kudos

134Solutions

Hi @Key1126 

Apologies for my confusion over the Sales and Purchases windows. This was an issue in an earlier version of AccountRight that has since been resolved so it's odd that you are experiencing it in 2019.4. Can you please let me know if this is happening for all layouts or just one in particular? Would you be able to test if it also happens in the Sales window? 

Thanks for working with me on this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post