6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error Messages

Hi i have been trying to install the latest version of account right and I have been able to download & open but

am not able to do anything in it.

I get the following messages which I have attached.  Also is there a problem down loading from Google at the moment as I could not download it in Google at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Lisa

I can not send photos it seems so will write the errors below

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line 1

Char 181135

Error: Unteminated string constant

Code: 0

URL: https://login.myob.com/Bundles/Scripts/Shared/gte-ie-9?v=AKGLQfsCLckaAczHvgYUjsHIVwTU4liQXodfTMb2E0U...

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

YEs/No

2nd message

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line:  1

Char: 2

Error: 'jQuery' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: https://login.myob.com/Bundles/Scripts/Account/login?v=Tq-leyBWcNerDZSUZVSnmFalUSTQe4VFv2hU0742b_M1

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes/No

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Re: Error Messages

Hi @SnapLisa 

The error messages are typically caused by data that has been cached within the browser. To avoid these messages you want to:

1. Open the Windows Control Panel
  2. Navigate to Internet Options
  3. With the section: Browsing History, select the Delete... option
  4. With the window that is generated, ensure that you have ticked all the options apart from the last four and select Delete

Once that process has been followed, restart AccountRight before trying that login process again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SnapLisa
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

That did not work, I have attached a error message from the system

Hope you can help me as it is getting really frustrating

thanks

Lisa

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Hi @SnapLisa 

Based on the original messages and your initial post, it appeared to be a login issue with the company file. However, based on the error log you have uploaded, it seems to indicate a separate issue with the Receive Payment window. As such, would you mind expanding on when exactly you are encountering the messages and what actions you are completing at the time?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

SnapLisa
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

That error was from when I could get into the file, I could look at anything whether its bank feeds or creditors/debtors lists but when I tried to record anything it just wouldn't do it, then throughs up "something has gone wrong Accountright needs to close" 

Now I can get into the file but that is all, it won't let me look at anything.

I have emptied every cache on my machine that is possible to clear and still nothing.  This has only started to happen since Wednesday.  

Thanks Lisa

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Hi @SnapLisa 

As the error message you have provided is not a common widespread error that we are aware of we would need to do some further investigation to narrow down root causes.

I would first test to see if it's this particular company file that is generating that message. This can be checked by opening Clearwater/Sample company file. Note: If you are using AccountRight 2021.1 you will need to open and upgrade an earlier Clearwater file such as AccountRight 2020.4's Clearwater.  If the same situation is occurring in Clearwater it tends to lend itself to be an environmental or installation error.

If Clearwater is not working as expected, impacted by the same situation, reinstalling AccountRight would be your next port of call. 

If you are still encountering that situation after a reinstall, we would be looking at going down the environmental situation. So does the file work on other computers? Does the same situation occur if you temporarily disable third-party applications (anti-virus, firewall, third-party applications)? Can you access the same online company file without those messages occurring through the Web-browser portal?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post