Error: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close

Its absolutely frustrating.  I have been trying three days to go through the help files and did everything mentioned. It doesnt work.

I have setup a server. I created a 5x folders where for the data files for each company are copied to.  I have then installed the MYOB Server Edition 2023.2 on the server as well as the desktop on our LAN.

I have only connected to only 1 data file for 1 company. When I try to connect to other company files, I have these very irritating messages and keeps coming up with these error messages.

Please see attached screenshot and error log

3 REPLIES 3
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,168 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,168Posts

158Kudos

330Solutions

Re: Error: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close

Hi @Casperpng 

Thanks for your post.

When you tried to open the company file, you are receiving the error that says, "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close". When that error message pops up, you will be able to see the View error details from that message. Kindly click on View error details and look for the code. Please refer to the screenshot below.

The Help Article Error: Something went wrong and AccountRight needs to close will provide you with all the available information. Let me know how it goes.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Doreen_P  hi

Thanks for the feedback. It's been the same. I have not been able to resolve. In the original message, I have the error log attached.

Is it because I have my local area network is running on Linux and Esxi VMware environment as the host? I have windows server 19 running on the host. I have 3 virtual drives and windows server is running on one of those drives.

I have installed MYOB Account Right Version 2023.2 Server Edition on the server and the same installed on the desktop PCs. I can connect to the MYOB data file on the server but when trying to open, that's when I encounter these errors.

I have gone through what was working for others like setting the appropriate 'shares' on the local pc and still experiencing the same problems.

It's been frustrating. Everyone of the users is now forced to use only local copies on their desktop for each company. 

I am confused and frustrated.

Casper 

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

AR2023 using a SQLCE database. The database engine will only access a company file over a fixed local drive, not a virtual path nor a shared link etc. Do some research on this for more information.

MYOB gets around this limitation by running a number of background services. I don't pretend to understand how this all works, however if the required MYOB services are not running on the hard disk that holds the company file, you will not be able to connect and open that company file. Check all the services are running.

To help diagnose and find a working solution, initially try to get it all working on 2 peer to peer networked computers, one 'hosting' the company file on a fixed drive with all services running, the other accessing AR2023 over the network. This may help understand the issues and how it works. The company file is usually stored in the Public Documents folder. Use all default settings initially until you get it working, then experiment with a different Library location.

If the company file is stored on a server's fixed local disk, that server needs to have the services running to convince the user's local computer that the company file 'is on a fixed local drive'. The user's computer will then access the company file as if it is on a fixed local drive. 

This is one of the reasons you cannot store your company file on a NAS as a NAS cannot run those services.

Best of luck with this issue.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post