Errors trying to install AR Live 2018

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trusted Cover User Penny_Accounts
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

86Posts

23Kudos

2Solutions

Errors trying to install AR Live 2018

Hi, 

I am just trying to install AR Live 2018 but I am receiveg an error message about not being able to access network location. I am not sure if this is an IT issue? This is after I tell it to run the installer. I use Windows 2007.

Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,214 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,214Posts

1,036Kudos

892Solutions

Re: Errors trying to install AR Live 2018

Hi @Penny_Accounts

Thank you for reaching out.

This error displays if your User Profile has Redirected Folders in place. As AccountRight requires you to install it to the Windows Users Profile, it will throw this error if it's being redirected at all.

There are a few ways around this, the most common is to download the Server Installer of the software. You can download this by going to our downloads page: www.myob.com/downloads, click AccountRight Live and download the Server Installer.

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

86Posts

23Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks @Haydes I will try that now

Highlighted
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

86Posts

23Kudos

2Solutions

@Haydes

I got another error message while installing, and then another message saying that it was installed but some things need fixing. I am not sure how to go about this as nothing happened when I clicked on the support note.

Please see attached.

Aside from that, the set-up wizard launched and I completed everything and it is now sitting on my desktop.

86 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

86Posts

23Kudos

2Solutions

Ok doesn't help that the wrong word doc got uploaded somehow

This is the 2nd error messge I received. I just want to know if it will run correctly or not?

Thanks

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,214 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,214Posts

1,036Kudos

892Solutions

Hi @Penny_Accounts

Sorry for the delay in answering your post.

From the errors described in the second document, there are 2 troubles here:

1. It seems that it had troubles registering a .DLL file in your T:\ drive. This is a non-standard directory which may be why it had failed as typically AccountRight is installed on the C:\. This DLL file is used for BASlink which is the "File Manually" option in the Prepare BAS button of AccountRight, this won't hinder other operations of the software however.

To get this one fixed, normally we recommend reinstalling without any software blocking the installation, and attempt to install on C:\.

That being said, it may still operate correctly without that .DLL file as I'm not too sure what that exact file is for and may be able to not use it.

2. That second warning at the end shows that it couldn't start the Server Service in Windows, it is unrelated to the first issue and can be fixed rather easily.

If you haven't already, you just need to follow this support note: AccountRight server service issues

Please let me know if you have any questions, or encounter any troubles along the way.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
86 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

86Posts

23Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @Haydes

I did end up uninstalling it and starting the download again and leaving it as the C:drive.

The file has been converted so just making sure everything is ready to go.

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post