MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Exporting and Importing problems - Item Sales

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Vickio
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Vickio
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Exporting and Importing problems - Item Sales

Hi again

I export my Item Sales but when I import them my customers have no sales recorded for them and of course no balances.

I use "the first line is a header" and I match all the fields but I get the error that 0 was imported and all were skipped.

This also happens to my Inventory - Items are there but no balance nor prices.

Regards

Vicki

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,956 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6956Posts

478Kudos

1104Solutions

Re: Exporting and Importing problems - Item Sales

Hi @Vickio,

At the end of each import, you can view the import log for more information. If there was any error during the import, it will list the number of records skipped, and list more details of the errors occurred. To help troubleshooting further, we would require the error log, and the import file. 

Without having all the details, here is what I suspect what happened - the Item Sales failed to import because there were not enough stock to sell, or any other mandatory data weren't found in the new company file. You can import item card and their standard cost, however there is no option to import the stock level. You'll need to enter the item opening balances via Count Inventory after the items are imported, detailed instructions can be found here:

Set up items

Please also make sure any other components used in item sales are already set up/imported into the new company file, such as accounts, customer cards, jobs, tax codes etc, before importing the sales transactions. Missing components may cause the import to fail, or imported with a warning. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post