GL Accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MariamMC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GL Accounts

Hi, 

I have been in the process of tiding up my GL accounts and now some of my accounts have been locked at a parent level, i need to have proper access to level my accounts to reorganise. I also cant delete any old accounts i have removed all transcations from, receiving the error "cannot delete account with journal/jobs recorded"

I have tried to call the helpdesk but they told me that it was an update issue. 

Help plz

4 REPLIES 4
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: GL Accounts

Hi @MariamMC 

Thanks for your post. You can delete accounts that you don't need. However:

• you can only delete an account if it has never been used in a transaction, i.e. its balance has always been zero
  • if an account is linked to another record, such a card, item or tax code, you first need to unlink it from the record. If you need help finding the records to which an account is linked, see the FAQ below.

If the account has been used in a transaction, you will not be able to delete it, even after deleting the transaction. This makes sure you keep the history of accounts used in transactions for auditing reports.

As an alternative, you can make the account inactive or combine the account with another account to remove it from the Accounts List.

What are the header accounts you are trying to change? Note that top level header accounts, such as 2-0000, cannot be edited.

Read more here: Deleting an account and set up accounts.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MariamMC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

I have attached an image of my accounts.

I am unable to edit some cost of sales accounts - eg: 5-1007 should not be a parent account but should be a level 1 or 2

Accounts.png
MariamMC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I also get the following errors when trying to make an account inactive on both the web & desktop platforms

Account Error.png
Account error (web).png
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @MariamMC 

Thanks for your screenshots. It seems like your file will have to come in for a datafile repair. Could you please send me the following information via Private Message so I can go ahead with starting that process?

• serial number
  • list all known accounts impacted by this issue

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post