Have AccountRight Premier but can only upgrade one company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Have AccountRight Premier but can only upgrade one company file

Hi, I have AccountRight Premier for 2 company files, but have only been able to upgrade one of them.  When trying to upgrade the other, I receive a message that I need to get a subscription for it.  I am sure others have had this problem.  It is driving me crazy, with repeated messages needing verification, dozens of emails with verification codes, but nothing is working.  Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,670Kudos

5,077Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Have AccountRight Premier but can only upgrade one company file

Hi @VBSA 

Taking a look at your AccountRight Premier serial number ending in 9774, I can see that we are currently showing as having 2 company files located in the cloud; "AIR Rxxx AxxxxDE PTY LTD" (ID 1)  & "RExxxxEX AxF SxxxN FRxxxxER TRUST" (ID 2). If one or more of these files are not required to be in the cloud do let us know and we would be happy to arrange for the removal of that file from the cloud.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven; however I also have another Premier subscription, serial number 6120....7099, which at the moment has a company file Practice Account - Dr .............. in the cloud.  I cant for the life of me upload for upgrading the other of two files I need.

Thanks

MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,670Kudos

5,077Solutions

Hi @VBSA 

Sorry I missed that serial number you have access to, however, I've managed to bring up the account now.

Looking at that account, it is a slightly different situation as its a subscription licence based serial number. So active company files are linked to the subscription or in other words for a file to be active on that serial number it does need to be linked an AccountRight subscription. 

So in the case of that serial number we have your Practice file (ID 2) which is active and located in the cloud. We also have an Orthodontics file active (ID 1) on that serial number which is using up one of the active AccountRight Subscriptions for that serial number.

Going forward, to best assist we do need to know what you are trying to do i.e. you mentioned that you are attempting to upload another file. Does that file have the serial number ending in 7099 (Setup>>Company Information)? If so, what is the company file ID of that file (Help>>About AccountRight)?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

It's good to get in early (7.30am in Adelaide)!  The ...Orthodontics file is the one I am trying to upgrade.  Are you saying it has already been upgraded?  If so, how can I access it?  It doesnt appear when I go to open a company file, which is why I thought it still needed to be upgraded.  Maybe I need to use a different email address.  It is all a bit complicated by the fact that I also have yet a further 2 files, each on single-subscriptions, for other entities.  They are accessed via my email address av......@bigpond.net.au. 

Once the matter of opening the ...Orthodontics file is fixed, I would like all the files (6 so far, but 2 more to come), accessible via that email address, and to stop having to do the verification code thing dozens of times a day.

Thank you.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,670Kudos

5,077Solutions

Hi @VBSA 

The Orthodontics file does appear to be activated as a local company file. I assume it was activated as part of the migration but the file not uploaded or a new file was created and activated on that serial number rather than one required to be opened. Based, on what you are saying and the configuration you are after, I think that we can deactivate ID 1 on your serial number and have arranged for that to get you back on track. I've also taken a look at the migration status of your files and I think we are good on that front.

The changes I have made should allow you to attempt that migration/upload of that file again. So do try that process again now and let us know how you get on.

On the user access front, you can access those all those files under the same email address but inviting that email address as a user as per Help Article: Add a user

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven.

It has uploaded successfully, so now I'll wait to see what happens next.  Once it's all going well, I'll invite myself to access it via my other email address.  I have managed to do that for some of the other files.  How do I stop having to do the 2-step verification every time I want to access something?  

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,733 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,733Posts

4,670Kudos

5,077Solutions

Hi @VBSA 

I can see that we have managed to migrate that company file for you and is now showing in the cloud.

In terms of two-factor authentication, this is a requirement for all my.MYOB accounts so there is no way to disable that function. However, when logging in you will have the option to Trust this device for 30 days. When this is enabled it will not require a code on that device for 30 days. I would recommend taking a look at Help Article: Trust this device for 30 days if you have enabled that option but are being prompted to enter that code each time.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Sometimes trust for 30 days works, and sometimes it doesn't.  I dont have time to look further into this at the moment, but I suspect it will all settle down eventually.  Thanks for your help.

Vicki

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post