I have been using MYOB accounting Version 11, I know it's old, but it does what I want. My laptop crashed, it was just as old. The new one runs Windows 10, I have the MYOB disc, however it wont instal

LEO1601
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have been using MYOB accounting Version 11, I know it's old, but it does what I want. My laptop crashed, it was just as old. The new one runs Windows 10, I have the MYOB disc, however it wont instal

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
168 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

168Posts

50Kudos

18Solutions

Re: I have been using MYOB accounting Version 11, I know it's old, but it does what I want. My laptop crashed, it was just as old. The new one runs Windows 10, I have the MYOB disc, however it wont in

Try right clicking on the autorun.exe or setup.exe files and choose Computability and then tick the Run this program in compatibly mode for one of the older Windows versions - you may need to Windows 95 but start with Windows XP and try a version until it works. If this works you may need to do the same for the MYOB.exe file to use the data file successfully. The other option, if you have access to your old laptop, is to COPY the programme folder over to your new system and find the MYOB.exe file and use it to run the program. Again, you may need to change the compatibility and this could require workarounds for MS Office links but it sounds like your requirements are straightforward.

Cheers

Robert

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post