I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

14 REPLIES 14
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

Hi @Renee63 

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. If your files are offline follow the instructions in the post, Unable to open recently upgraded company files, to check the diagnostic log for the error "InvalidFingerprint". If you are getting that "InvalidFingerprint" error you will need to run the hotfix tool in that post to resolve your issue.

If your files are online or you're getting a different error please send the diagnostic log so that we can investigate further.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to find the diagnostic log.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Renee63 

If you click on the purple link "diagnostic file for the application" in that post it opens another post with full instructions on getting the diagnostic log. I'll also give it to you here: Diagnostic log

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks I've found the Diagnostics log and navigated to the Huxley File. I noticed it says "Invalid Fingerprint" in its text.  What do I do now? (P.S. I really appreciate your help on this, I'm not very good with this sort of thing).

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

OK, I've reached the step of the AccountRight Hotfix Tool. I'm struggling to download it. When I right click on it to save it, it comes up with an error "can't be downloaded securely".

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

By the way Tracey, the heading of my question should have said v2021.6, not the 2016.1 I wrote there. I wasn't concentrating I think!

So all I need to do next is downlad the AccountRight Hotfix tool.  I'm not sure the link is working as it won't download if I double-click and if I try save it, it comes up with "can't download securely".  Is it possible for you to please send me a new link for this tool? Thank you.

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

I upgraded to 2021.6, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

I upgraded to 2021.6, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.  I saw a similar post which said to check Diagnostic Log. I've checked my log which had the words "Invalid Fingerprint".  I've been advised to download the AccountRight Hotfix tool on the following page:

https://community.myob.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Unable-to-open-recently-upgraded-company-file/m-p/7186...

The problem is that I can't download the Hotfix tool. If I try to right click and save, it says "cannot download securely and doesn't then download the file.

Can someone send me a new link for this tool? 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Renee63 

On the linked post: Unable to open recently upgraded company file there is a FAQ post (further down in the thread) that does answer commonly asked questions using that tool. The first FAQ being My browser is indicating that the download is to be discarded? This should resolve that situation for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steve

I've tried your fix and have managed to download it now.  After extracting the zip file, I cannot find any .exe file. I can only see a file that's "Application" or one that's "MYOXH File".

I tried clicking on the Application one but then Windows says "Microsoft Defender Smartscreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app may put your PC at risk".

I'm not sure what to do next. I'm nervous about doing something that will "break" my PC as I'm on very unfamiliar ground with this.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post