I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

Hi @Renee63 

That particular message is a rare one that does occur and is due to the fact that the tool does have an unknown publisher/is not known to Microsoft. To run that tool you would need to select More Info on that message. This would launch a Run anyway option so you can run that script over that file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: I upgraded to 2016.1, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

Hi @Steven_M 

That worked and I ran the tool on all my files that has the issue with opening.

I then tried to open one of the files that I had fixed and got the following Error:

"You have reached the transaction limit of your company file"

The file doesn't have many transactions on it so something's gone wrong.

Help!

Regards

Renee

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Further to my previous post, I clicked OK and it took me to the Activation/Confirmation page which I did. I could then open my file and it seems OK.  I'm just worried about that error message, though.

Renee

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Renee63 

The tool strips the licencing of the company file that is causing that InvalidFingerprint message. As such, upon running the tool you would need to re-activate/re-confirming a company file. This can be done using the Confirm Online option. Once that has been successful, you are all ready to go with AccountRight 2021.6.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Renee63
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: I upgraded to 2021.6, and my files won't open. They look like they're about to open then disappear.

Hi @Steven_M 

Just letting you know it worked on all my files that had the issue.

THANK YOU!

Renee

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post