I want my Accounts List to print with a Tax Code and Status column. It always used to do that easily.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Hippopotamus
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I want my Accounts List to print with a Tax Code and Status column. It always used to do that easily.

8 REPLIES 8
AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Re: I want my Accounts List to print with a Tax Code and Status column. It always used to do that easily.

Hello @Hippopotamus ,

Assuming you are using Accountright,
You may be able to achieve this by using the 'Import/Export Tool' under the File menu at the top:

Be sure to select Export Data > Export 'Accounts'  > Type 'Account Information' > 'Separate Data Using Tabs' > and include atleast the following fields in your export file (see screenshot)

This will create a .TXT file which can be dragged onto an empty Excel worksheet to open it.

Regards,

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
export.JPG
Hippopotamus
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: I want my Accounts List to print with a Tax Code and Status column. It always used to do that easily.

Dear Ali,

Thank you for your help, but I did all your steps up until "this will create a .TXT file..."

Maybe I should have left it saved in:  Windows (CSmiley Happy - windows - System32  which was what if offered,

but instead I saved it in My Documents under a folder I keep for notes on MYOB.

Anyway, what I saw was a Notepad document which was not very easy to read, the columns were not very

neat because some account names are longer than others, so that the Tax Codes weren't in a nice column, like they used to be when I would print an Accounts List straight from MYOB (the last time I printed an Accounts List (Summary) with AccountRight was 23.10.19 and it came out wonderfully, a nice report with the Current Balance, Tax Code and Status.  Like, have AccountRight updates since October 2019 made it impossible to print a nice little Accounts List like I always have been able to do?)

You also say, "this will create a .TXT file which can be dragged onto an empty Excel worksheet to open it."  I am so dumb, for what you've said, I would need step by step directions as I've never had to do any dragging of a file into an Excel worksheet.  I can open up an Excel spreadsheet!! (Hopeful look on my face).

Thank you if you can help me further,

Hippo

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

170Kudos

151Solutions

Hello @Hippopotamus  @AliK607 

I think that what you are after is the srandard MYOB AR Accounts List [Summary] Report which is found under Reports / Accounts.

To get the other fields that you want go to the Insert /Modify tab at the top and then Show / Hide to add the extra fields that you want. Then re Run Report again.

Foir more information about reports and extra options have a look at this MYOB Support Note.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Displaying+a+report

Capture.JPG

I hope this is what you were after.

Cheers

David

DAVID CREE
MY Business Locum MBA, LCGI, MICB
MYOB Certified Consultant
Ph: 0418 622 163 Fax: 08 8362 2163
mybl@senet.com.au
St Peters South Australia
Hippopotamus
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear David,

Thank you, nearly there...but!  When I Display the Report, I have 8 pages.  Then when I go into Insert/Modify and I add the Status, Tax Code etc. and it's all good EXCEPT that it's only 1 page of the Accounts List, not the entire 8 that make up the Report.

I haven't looked at your helpful link to the MYOB Support Note, but I thought I'd ask if you have an idea re my problem of only 1 page of the Accounts List being there ready to print, rather than the 8 that the Report consists of. 

Thank you,

Hippo

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

170Kudos

151Solutions

Hello @Hippopotamus 

Have you reselected the Filters tab at the top. When in the Insert/Modify tou only see a sample page.

You are also able to drag and drop the report header names to reorder the columns.

Cheers

David

DAVID CREE
mybl@senet.com.au
Hippopotamus
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, David!

Yep, after I was in Insert/Modify and had done my Show Hide preferences there, and it was only showing the one page of my 8-page Accounts List (Summary), I did like you said and clicked on Filter and then I was able to print out all 8 pages of my report with Tax Code etc. headers.  Just like I used to do in days of yore, simply by clicking Print! 

Kind regards,

Happy Hippo Here (at long last!)

PS:  You mentioned,  "You are also able to drag and drop the report header names to reorder the columns."

I also noted that under Show Hide was the option to Order, where you could change the order of the Headers/columns.  Is that just an additional way to change the order, or is that what you are calling "drag and drop"?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

170Kudos

151Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @Hippopotamus 

I am happy that you are happy!

You are correct about either way to reorder columns.

cheers 

David

DAVID CREE
mybl@senet.com.au
Hippopotamus
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Total Tick Here, David!

Our work is done!

Happy Hippo

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post