User
Australia
AndrewP64

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing from an old version

Hi, i've got a realy old version of MYOB, back to 2012, which has been running fine with no need to upgrade to a latest version. My original disks for MYOB basics for good only for Win98 or thereabouts. I have V18 upgrade discs but I think they maybe of a different version.

The problem I have is that my computer which was running Windows 7 had died and the replacement runs Win10. I've been running my acounts on an old laptop which running Win7 OK. I've downloaded the AcountRight V18 program from your downloads to try and update. But the backups from my original program aren't being recognised with V18 or even V16 programs. The company bvackup file has an extension of .myox, yet V18 is looking for .myo files.

Any suggestions to at least get it working on V18? I'll probably look at getting a later version, but taking smal steps to make sure everything works.

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10759Posts

1208Kudos

1524Solutions

Re: Importing from an old version

Hi @AndrewP64

In terms of compatibility with Windows 10, only AccountRight 2015.3 and v19.11 and later versions are tested for compatibility. Versions older than this aren’t tested for compatibility with Windows 10 and as such aren’t guaranteed to work.

Its worth noting that the file extension of .myox is specific to the AccountRight 201X range of products which is a different range to the Accounting and Accounting Plus v18, which use an myo file format.

As these are different product ranges, AccountRight 201X files cannot be opened by AccountRight v19 and earlier products, like Accounting v18. AccountRight v19 and earlier files can be upgraded to AccountRight 201X through the use of the Upgrade a Company File menu option, however AccountRight 201X files cannot be downgraded to use AccountRight v19 or earlier versions.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AndrewP64
4 Posts
User
Australia
AndrewP64

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

OK, make sa bit of sense, but will need help.

The version I have on my old laptop is 2011.1.13.2802, file version 2011.1.14.2680, serviuce pack 4.

The version I've downloaded and installed on my Win8 laptop is Accountin V18, Australian Release Version 18.0.0, Release 12.4.0J

What will be the process of upgrading the compny file  xxx.myox to work on V18, or a later version if neccessary?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10759Posts

1208Kudos

1524Solutions

HI @AndrewP64

If the file was from an AccountRight 201X product then it cannot be upgraded or migrated to work with Accounting v18. This is because Accounting v18 is a much older program. Whilst it is possible to upgrade a file from Accounting v18 to AccountRight 201X it is not possible to migrate in the other direction.

The only way to move a file from AccountRight 201X to AccountRight v19 or earlier, would be to export out the information from the AccountRight 201X file. This information would then need to be edited in Excel to match up to the Accounting v18 import fields before importing into Accounting v18. As these are two different formats of databases the exported information may need to be significantly edited to align. Additionally, not every aspect of a file can be exported out. This includes bank reconciliation and payroll records to name but a few.

If your file was last opened in AccountRight 201X, then it can only be opened and upgraded in AccountRight 201x versions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AndrewP64
4 Posts
User
Australia
AndrewP64

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

mm, I'm getting a bit confused then with the versions. Essentially I'd like to get my laptop running Win8 or more preferrably my new desktop running Win10 installed with some versoin of MYOB which I can bring over the company file running on the old laptop.

Is this possible at all?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,759 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10759Posts

1208Kudos

1524Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @AndrewP64

If the version you had on your old laptop is AccountRight 2011.1, then to run the equivalent version on Windows 10 you will need to upgrade to at least AccountRight 2015.3, which is compatible with Windows 10. Currently this latest version is AccountRight 2018.4

To be entitled to the upgrade to a version of AccountRight compatible with Windows 10 you do need to have an active subscription against that serial number. This will entitle to you to the latest version which is compatible with Windows 10.

Files that have been opened in AccountRight 201X versions are not compatible with and cannot be opened by any version of AccountRight or Accounting that uses a VXX number, such as Accounting v18 or AccountRight v19.15

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AndrewP64
4 Posts
User
Australia
AndrewP64

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Neil,

Thanks for all your help. I spoke to someone at the help desk yesterday and after confirming my account, I was sent a link for 2018.4 and all is working OK on both computers with company data imported.

Andrew.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post