8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Install Account Right to a new computer

Hello team,

I 'm currently using the Account Right 2023.4 with Online access to my files  and i would like to install it on a new computer.

I was wondering what would be the correct procedure to avoid any hiccups.

Appreciate any help

4 REPLIES 4
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,518 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,518Posts

231Kudos

161Solutions

Re: Install Account Right to a new computer

Hi @xranton 

Simple - download the Full install binaries (PC version though the server version is a better option but lets not go there - PC version) from my.myob.com.au - then do a full install as it requires .NET and other bits.

Once installed - open - Left top "Open a company file" then select "Go Online" - type in your credentials - 2FA and your files should show in the right hand column - select as appropriate.

Done

The Doc

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
938 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

938Posts

42Kudos

81Solutions

Hi @xranton 

Thank you for the post and it's my pleasure to assist you with this. To install your AccountRight to your new computer, you need to make a backup file and restore it to the new computer. About backing up and restoring company files has detailed information and instructions to assist with this. You can also download our software here in this link: Software Downloads | MYOB Australia.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,518 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,518Posts

231Kudos

161Solutions

Hi @xranton 

Unfortunately @Isaiah_C  advise is incorrect!

There is no need to backup your file and restore it - it is in the cloud not on your computer. ( certainly back it up as a normal backup requirement - but there is no need to restore it for the above process).

My advise is 100% correct - 

Looking at it from a different perspective - your situation is exactly like having 2 computers or more accessing your online file - for the 2nd and subsequent computers just cary out as per my instructions.

DO NOT RESTORE YOUR FILE - it is unnecessary.

The Doc

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
682 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

682Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Xtradry1970 

Both suggestions above are correct. But since your file is online like what @The_Doc has mentioned, you can immediately Open >> Online >> Sign in and you should see your file. I would still suggest backing up your files on the old computer. 

If you encounter any problems along the way, please let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post